Help reconnecting my new power amp module to my Atomic CLR

Rubachu

EDIT: Thanks to everyone for the help. It was the blade terminals. I tore them off.

EDIT 2: I messaged Tom here and he called me to help with the terminals. If you need to contact him, it's worth messaging him on these forums.

Hello and thanks for the help ahead of time.

After experiencing issues with my sound and getting a hold of Tom King from Atomic, he sent me a replacement Power Amp Module, even though my unit was outside the warranty window.

The thing is, when he told me to disconnect it and ship out the defective one, I should have taken pictures, but I didn't. I removed the wires and assumed it would be obvious how to reinstall it when the new one arrived. Now it's weeks later, I've got my shiny new amp module, and I'm not sure how to connect it.

People here have been very informative and helpful, so I am once again appealing to you all!

I am including a picture of the wires coming from the Atomic Powered CLR speaker, as well as a picture of the section of the amp module internals where I THINK the wires need to be connected.

If you have experience with this I would appreciate the help!

Thanks!

The 4 wires:

Power Amp:

4HhAcEc
8tWKRcN

Last edited:
Hi,
I had to take the module out to send it out for repair too.
Here is the picture I took with it connected. Hope this helps
Hello and thanks for the help ahead of time.

After finally getting a hold of Tom King from Atomic, he sent me a replacement Power Amp Module.

The thing is, when he told me to disconnect it and ship out the defective one, I should have taken pictures, but I didn't. I removed the wires and assumed it would be obvious how to reinstall it when the new one arrived. Now it's weeks later, I've got my shiny new amp module, and I'm not sure how to connect it.

I contacted Tom but got no response, as usual. People here have been very informative and helpful, so I am once again appealing to you all!

I am including a picture of the wires coming from the Atomic Powered CLR speaker, as well as a picture of the section of the amp module internals where I THINK the wires need to be connected.

If you have experience with this I would appreciate the help!

Thanks!

The 4 wires:

Power Amp:

4HhAcEc
8tWKRcN

Hi I had to send my power module down repair for too, and took a picture
but I can't seem to post it. Anyways, the wires go on the four terminals sticking out labelled LF and HF.

Referencing your picture from left to right the wire colours connect:
white, blue red, black.

Hope this helps.

Here ya go...

Thanks so much for the response and the picture. That makes perfect sense, except if you can see in my original picture, the LF and HF terminals are metal tabs with a hole in them.

I'm wondering if I'll have to just get the wires to touch the metal, or maybe run through the holes, and tape them down? I'd like to see your solution once your power amp comes back.

Once again, thanks so much for the response, both Rain and Damian!

No do not just tape them down. It appears that when you removed the wires you actually pulled the wires out of the blade terminals. Now you shouldn't of been able to do that if the wires were properly crimped in the terminals in the first place, but that is another matter and a possible reason for failure in the first place. Anyway, you need to crimp some blade terminals onto your wires, then plug them into the amp as shown in the picture. Doing anything else will cause you problems down the road.

No do not just tape them down. It appears that when you removed the wires you actually pulled the wires out of the blade terminals. Now you shouldn't of been able to do that if the wires were properly crimped in the terminals in the first place, but that is another matter and a possible reason for failure in the first place. Anyway, you need to crimp some blade terminals onto your wires, then plug them into the amp as shown in the picture. Doing anything else will cause you problems down the road.
He's right it looks like you Pulled off the Tabs...

They felt nice to pull off! LOL thanks for the help. You're right in that could've been the issue. Tom from Atomic Amps said he couldn't find error with my power amp, so this is likely a problem that needed to be addressed anyway.

I'm going to go get me some blade terminals. Cheers.

Well in the interest of parity it depends on the amount of sales too - the actual % of problem units versus sold units is unknown.

I think the main problem is getting in contact with Atomic's support - when that fails then the problems get made public on forums instead of being dealt with confidentially. Not good PR and leads to speculation.

The 'email problems' excuse really has worn a bit thin after all this time and if Yahoo (their current mail provider as seen in public MX records) is indeed somehow blocking/losing mail then switching to another email service provider would be advisable .... it's not just support emails that would get lost but potential sales lead enquiry emails too surely?

My day in day out job is dealing with web and mail servers so that's all I'm referring to here .... not witch-hunting or smearing Atomic in any way ..... there are plenty of endorsements out there that say their products are excellent too!

Back
Top Bottom