Wish Split screen performance mode / fx layout per scene

Scenes are fantastic but it would be great to customize the layout of the footswitches in a split screenmode.

- bottom row: ( 5-8) scene's
- top row: fx/stomps assignable to selected scene

What firmware version are you on?

You can assign per Preset already, but not per Scene.

What firmware version are you on?

You can assign per Preset already, but not per Scene.

yeah i know: assigning switches in a preset was a huge plus :) and i like it a lot!!

My wish would make fx-8 even better. Especially in a live setting.

For example when playing clean i want to be able to select Comp./Cho/Trem/Drv and playing soloparts i might need to be able to select Comp/Pha/delay/Drv

Workaround in current firmware is assigning a switch to another preset and assigning a switch in that preset to go back to the old one.

.... but why not do all in one single preset with scenes using a "split screen mode": Avoiding the annoying "switching to a new preset" lag and use the full/extended ability of scenes.

Last edited:
+1

Switching to a new preset doesn't work well during a song do to its lag and no real spillover. Also, I though the FX8 would always be able to handle 8 FX at once, sometimes it does and sometimes it can't handle it. If you put a reverb, delay, MTD and a drive you are pretty much done with the preset. I think they should have built the unit using 2 chips. One to maybe handle the VERB's and DLY's and the other one for everything else. Coming from Line 6 M13 and M9, I welcome the quality fx but I am disappointed with the CPU limitations. It should have been named FX < 8. I don't think adding another chip would be that expensive to incorporate since they already have it on the AXE. I would have paid up to 2k for the 2 chip unit.

Back
Top Bottom