SysEx Function ID Numbers in Quantum 3.03

bjosephs

Hi All,

I'm trying to get some SysEx data from my Axe FX II xl into an Arduino for display on a screen, ultimately for a foot controller. I'm getting some disparities between the incoming data and the wiki. I have real time SysEx set to "all"

For example, all SysEx is coming in with a model number of 6 rather than 3. Tempo and Tuner data are streaming in with no problems. When I change presets on the AFX front panel I get a message with the preset number, but no data on the preset name. If I request the preset name with { 0x00, 0x01, 0x74, 0x06, 0x0F, 0x06 } (note that I adjusted the model ID and checksum in order to get a response) I just receive 6 identical lines like this regardless of preset name:

F0 0 1 74 6 64 F 1 69 0
F0 0 1 74 6 64 F 1 69 0
F0 0 1 74 6 64 F 1 69 0
F0 0 1 74 6 64 F 1 69 0
F0 0 1 74 6 64 F 1 69 0
F0 0 1 74 6 64 F 1 69 0

... the "64" doesn't seem to have a purpose laid out in the Wiki, it should be a 0F per that function ID. If I change the scene number on the front panel I get this message:

F0 0 1 74 6 21 22 1

But the function ID for Scene number is supposed to be 29 and the "1" at the end never changes.

Are there any good reference docs for me to work from?

Brian

Yes model number 3 is AxeFx II, XLs are 6 as you can see ;)
You're receiving an error message because your preset name request is badly formatted or has a bad crc.

Yes model number 3 is AxeFx II, XLs are 6 as you can see ;)
You're receiving an error message because your preset name request is badly formatted or has a bad crc.

Thanks for replying, but you have given me so many followup questions...

Do you know that what I'm getting back is an "error message"? I assumed unrelated data but if this is the normal response to a checksum error that could be a big clue.

If it is a check sum error then I'd be a little confused. The above values were the only combination of modified model number and check sum that got any response. I calculated the checksum per the wiki.

I forgot to mention that I compared code with another project that is confirmed working. I'd link to it but the forum says I don't have enough posts yet. The format is the same and he is getting data upon request... the only thing I changed was the model ID and the checksum.

Additionally, that other person's axe fx is sending preset name data when the preset is changed at the unit with no data request at all. Do I need to adjust some setting to have that happen? I really thought "real time sysex" was the only place related to this.

Does anyone know of an up to date reference document on midi communication for this model?

Brian

OK, got some of this figured out. I was not able to decipher the CRC algorithm (the one on the wiki page just doesn't seem to work) but I found them experimentally.

Can you Post your Solution, I habe also Problems to get the Preset Name in my diy footbar
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom