Can't access patches passed presets with Mfc 101

i have axe fxII XL.....I also have an MFC101...... I just updated the axe fx to quantum 2.0 and have done nothing to the MFC....

I cannot access any patch I've built with my MFC, I can only get to them through the value nob on the axe fx. Once I get there and if I try to go up or down a patch it only switches it back to patch number 1 preset....

Example: I go to patch 420 that I've built and stored there and then try to use my MFC to go up to patch 421 and it sends me back to factory preset number 1....

What am I doing wrong....

In the past I've only tweeked factory presets and moved them around for convenience but now that I have a bunch of my own presets and want to use them live that's the problem I'm having...

hmm, this isn't an issue with Quantum 2.0.

the MFC can only access 384 presets at a time. the best thing to do is move the presets you want to access on the MFC between 000 and 383. there is a way to change the starting point of the MFC, but it's honestly a much better workflow to just move the presets on the Axe, due to how the MFC interacts in "Axe Mode."

you can use Axe-Edit Manage Presets in the Tool menu to move many at a time - just be slow with it so it completes the functions :) you can also use the Swap function on the front panel, but that's only 1 at a time.

That makes sense then because I always just used factory presets and moved them around....so if it will only do 384 presets then it doesn't have the function to go beyond that....good enough I have my answer and I'll have to just do some file and preset management....thank you so much for the info....

Cheers....r

you can map it to goto presets higher then 384, but it will only do 384 total as far as I understand. As Chris stated, it is much easier to move your gotos to the lower 3 banks.

Chris hit it on the head. My practice is to move all the factory presets to the higher banks, and keep 1-384 for my own patches. Between Axe-Edit and MFC-Edit, it's pretty easy to manage my patches for all three of my bands, and I still have plenty of room below 384.

That's what I just did, wasn't confusing and didn't take that long to do with axe edit....love it !!! Put all the beginning patches in the 500 range.....Had this thing for awhile now and only still scratching the surface...I sometime overload the cpu trying to do to much on one patch but wawa it's still all good....

I haven't done any firmware updates on the Mfc.....is it worth it? What will an update do for me?

If anything I'd sure like to have a longer record time on the looper, is that possible yet?

Mfc up date would depend on what version it is on now. I haven't heard any news on a longer looper time, but I am all for it also!!

Back
Top Bottom