AxeFX Ultra had a few issues...

Turned up to rehearsal last night and my pedalboard wouldn't change patches on the Ultra... I suspected it was either the board (a Rolls MIDIBuddy that has been through the wars) or the MIDI cable. A bit of unplugging, replugging and rebooting later, it would change patch randomly and the MIDI IN light on the Ultra would blink sporadically. Oh well, nothing I could do, so I get on with things, and kick into the first track with the band - half-heartedly as I'm wondering how I can get by having no boost/clean/harmony patches etc.

But then I notice the input lights on the Ultra weren't lighting up, even though there was sound... that's when I started to get worried! A few songs in and I really really need to switch patches for a big harmony part at the start of a song... I manually change the patch and while I'm there, I try rebooting it one more time. And fortunately, when it turned back on, I had input lights and my floorboard was working again.

I've some biggish festivals lined up this summer, so I'm wondering do I see how it goes with the Ultra or do I bite the bullet and buy an AxeFX II... or an AX8, for that matter. It has been rock solid up until now, and basically my pride and joy for the past few years. I'd almost feel guilty replacing it lol

Steve.

Back
Top Bottom