Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 12.04 Public Beta

12.04b is the Blue Bonnet of FW updates!

12121661224_bc1b44a301_o.jpg

Amps and amp functions are simply working/sounding better!
It's all chocolate cookies and pancakes here. Gigging tonight and tomorrow.

Example:
I was re-dialing my "La Bamba" patch. The Deluxe R always had too dynamic of an attack and simply didn't sound/feel like it was sweating on the edge of blowing up like the original recording. Upping drive didn't quite do it, too much distortion. Lowering damp didn't quite get it. Same with a couple other options.

So I shrunk the transformer and underpowered the amp by raising transformer drive - VIOLA - instant over-worked amp sagging on attacks, but still reasonably clean and dynamic through a 2x10 super tweed mix cab. Perfect!
I've used transformer drive before, but it's never worked/sounded/felt like it does now. Amazingly effective on ancient tones like these.

im overwelmed by the continued development in this little black box. i dont usual post but i do read a lot and just wanted to say thank you to FAS.

Regards,

i cant find anything either lol

Here (it's not online, it's in a magazine)

bassad.jpg

"Go deep - the AxeFx II is the perfect solution for electric bass! It features todays most popular bassamps, Effects, Cabinets, Tuner and even more". There is no special word in english for the german adjective word "angesagtesten" - slang would tell you " "most hippest" or so..... if not, sorry ;)

As I said....very promising! :)

Last edited:
Here (it's not online, it's in a magazine)

bassad.jpg

"Go deep - the AxeFx II is the perfect solution for electric bass! It features todays most popular bassamps, Effects, Cabinets, Tuner and even more"

As I said....very promising! :)

Unfortunately most popular doesn't mean the best bass amps. (ie: Glockenklang, Tec Amp, Thunderfunk, etc)

Apparantly Robert Trujillo is also using the Axe FX 2 - not only James and Kirk. Maybe that "forced" Fractal to spend some time on developing more goodness for the Bass-people? :)

Unfortunately most popular doesn't mean the best bass amps. (ie: Glockenklang, Tec Amp, Thunderfunk, etc)

I edited my post - read again! And believe me - nobody talk about a single amp here! We have just one in the AxeFx yet today......and in terms what is best? For my pleasure regarding bass, I need to hear brands like EBS, MarkBass, Acoustic, Polytone(!!), Gallien&Krueger,SWR, Trace Elliot, Demeter, the big MesaBoogie 400+ etc.

be patience - we will see! I have a feeling there is something in the air....

I would of thought the new high resolution IRs would greatly help with bass sounds so maybe we'll get more bass amps & cabs when that's rolled out.

Back
Top Bottom