Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 12.04 Public Beta

Cliff with your ungodly knowledge of guitar amps and how they work you should maybe consider building a real non digital tube amp for the people that just refuse to go digital. I could only imagine the tone. I will personally stick with the axe fx but there are so many people that won't go digital.......and if they heard it was built by fractal ............just sayin

Cliff recently answered this question:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/cliffs-notes/79962-why-power-tubes-sound-different-2.html#post973051

Where ya skiing in SLC? Used to live there...love Alta and Snowbird!

:lol We used to ski Alta and Snowbird ... until a CFO friend of mine in the jewelry business gave up his time share in the Iron Blossom Lodge and bought a house in Eden.

Now we suffer through the slopes of Powder Mountain and the 2002 Men's Downhill Run at Snow Basin. :cry:

Fractalites - can I get me some pity votes from my brothers? Anyone? :encouragement:

EDIT: Yes - before anyone asks - my friend does have a hot tub ... ping pong and Foosball too! :)

Last edited:
5. To really hear and feel the effects turn up the MV and LF Res. Don't be afraid to turn LF Res close to 10. In fact some Celestion and Eminence speakers are equivalent to about 8-9 on the LF Res. This will increase the interaction between the power tubes and the speaker load.

I just checked out the new FW (loud) and really feel it interacting. Awesome - thanks Cliff!

One Q:
With the above comment on the LF Res parm, would raising our LF Res parameters across the board be recommended to achieve a new baseline in realism (and would they be defaulted higher at some point), or do you mean that higher LF Res values are just more usable and fun now?

Damn! I'm stuck in a luxury cabin with my horny wife till Friday drinking beer, wine, eating, relaxing in the outdoor hot tub with no neighbors around! And Cliff you come out with this!! Life is unfair...:p

Uh, hello - you could have yer cake and eat it too - pay Cliff to fly out there with a couple of FAS rigs and jam with him in the hot tub (no, not that kinda jam - git yer head outta the gutter). :eek:

How's yer ground breaker circuits out there? ;)

Hi!
I've just been playing around with the new firmware and I quite like it!
Though i have a question: the tubes in the Diezel herbert are kt66, i own a herbert for nearly 10 years now, had it recently retubed by peter himself, he told me that they use only el34 these days, i was wondering if the modeled herb was fitted with kt66 and thus always sounded a nuance different than mine? also,with the new firmware, i switched to el34 and expected a minor difference, but the difference in vol was quite noticable, is that normal behavior?
thanks for the incredible work!

chris

I just think it's hilarious that the "leading guitar modelling manufacturer" whose name I won't mention, but rhymes with Fine Dix (haha) took two years to improve upon their flagship modeler and all they did was change the color of the buttons.

i bought a splod x3 live from Slime dix, 900$ aud, took it back 3 times for repairs and considered it the biggest overpriced wanna-be toy-grade guitar product i've ever bought, worst part is i was fairly monetarily confined at the time an had to save up for it.

In comparison, all though the Axe Fx is a lot more expensive the product is second to none, Cliff really needs an industry award for his commitment and passion for this product

I want to have his babies

Anyone on the fence about updating to this firmware beta needs to just do it. I immediately noticed a fuller, more 3D sound, and as advertised, it did not get harsh as I cranked everything up. I use a Xitone FRFR 1x12 on one side and a Matrix NL12 (without FRFR) on the other as a point of reference. I did not need to adjust anything after the update with my presets. Thanks Cliff!!!

YES the new FW really shines with VOLUME even with my budget minded EV ZLX15p , subtlety overwhelming . If anything can be subtle and overwhelming at the same time this is it ! Its a feel thing too which is very hard to describe.

Back
Top Bottom