Your Best Buys in 2013?

Okay, let's hear it.
Stuff you bought and don't regret and exceeded your expectations.
Musical devices, gadgets etc.

Leave out Axe-Fx and MFC. Those go without saying.

My list:

- Sonos sound system, home audio
- Gruv Gear V Solo Cart
- MacBook Pro 13" Retina
- Atomic CLRs

But … ;) I don't wanna leave out my AXE FX II and MFC - both 2013 acquisitions!

Beyond that:
Atomic Neo CLRs accessorized 25' XLR and IEC power cables and XLR-to-1/4" TRS adapters
Monster 2500 (even if it is just a glorified power strip … I got 12 ac outlets in my 6-space Gator Rolling Rack);
6-space Gator Rolling Rack;
Pedaltrain PT-4 Grande pedal board and ATA hardshell case;
Mission EP-1;
Mission SP-1; and
Boss EV500L.

Last night I bought four of the following for my electric guitars:
Compensated Guitar Nut for Electric - Philadelphia Luthier Tools & Supplies, LLC
View attachment 18816
I'll let you know how it works out - starting with my two U.S. Masters LG507s with Floyd Rose tremolos! :)

needed a new pair of cans…
KRK KNS8400
lightweight, comfy and sound great..
very good value for money I'd say..

for 2014 though I have a few plans..
don't know if they'll actually happen..
but I'd like to get a pair of Mackie 824 MKII monitors, BFD3, and a pair of FV-500 pedals [to take me to 3 XP's]

MacBook Pro 15", 2 512Gb SSD's 16gb RAM PRS Custom 24 in Armando's Amethyst. Logic Pro X Pro Tools 11 BOSS RC-3 Omnisphere Nike Rodgers Presents Le Chic Organisation Tickets to see Andre Rieu just before Christmas and a PS4

EBMM Silouette Special PDN
Suhr Doug Aldrich Humbucker (added to above guitar)
Matrix GT1000fx
Matrix Q12 (x2)

Naw just kidding.

CLR (2)
Xitone (2)
pedaltrain pro
Jeff Beck Strat
PRS DGT.

The DGT and the Strat are both well suited to the Axe. They seem to like a lot of amp models.

The AXE EDIT and FW updates this year have been stupendous!

002.jpg

MacBook Pro 15", 2 512Gb SSD's 16gb RAM PRS Custom 24 in Armando's Amethyst. Logic Pro X Pro Tools 11 BOSS RC-3 Omnisphere Nike Rodgers Presents Le Chic Organisation Tickets to see Andre Rieu just before Christmas and a PS4

You have the best sig ever!

Fender Blues Jr. This is a great little grab and go amp. In fact, I could easily see it being someone's main amp. It gets nice and loud, great reverb, hugely modable and very simple to use.

Eldorado guitar strap. They're kind of spendy, mine was $95, but really comfortable and well-made. Also, its gentle on nitro finishes, so unlike my vinyl Couch Straps, I can just leave the Edorado on my nitro finished guitars and it won't cause a nasty reaction with the finish.

http://eldoradostraps.com/

And of course, Logic Pro X.

Oh, I almost forgot, I upgraded one of my Strats with a Callaham Vintage S bridge assembly. I was skeptical at first, but it really does give a nice sustain increase. I was pleasantly surprised, and would not hesitate to recommend a Callaham upgrade for any Strat with a pot-metal bridge assembly.

For all you forumites putting down Logic X as your best buy of 2013 -- were you coming from Logic 9? GarageBand? Something else? No previous DAW?

I'm still running 9 and...every time I go to spend $200 on X I figure I have better use for $200...

Forshage Orion headless. One 6 string, and one 7 string hollowbody. Game changers. Sold/traded more than I bought this year.
Score on the Forshage Orion! I've got one as well! Chris is good friend if mine and is a master luthier and musician!
This year my PRS swamp ash studio has become my favorite go to along with my 1x12 port city wave os cab!

Fender Blues Jr. This is a great little grab and go amp. In fact, I could easily see it being someone's main amp. It gets nice and loud, great reverb, hugely modable and very simple to use.

I did a lot of gigs with a Blues Jr. It's a great sounding little combo, a little boxy and not as good as some Fender reverbs, but it takes pedals really well. It's also just about the perfect volume to be loud enough for me to hear well and drive hard without pissing off a band where it's not totally guitar dominated.

Axe Fx Ultra
Rocktron Velocity 300
Mesa 6 space rack
Ipad mini w/Jamup and Bias
'93 Gibson Les Paul Studio

It's been a good year for sure.

Back
Top Bottom