Fractal Bot

Hmm, I'm curious, how would it work?

I don't think a software is able to open my rack, plug in my USB cable and issues the firmware update. ;D

Hmm, I'm curious, how would it work?

I don't think a software is able to open my rack, plug in my USB cable and issues the firmware update. ;D

Sadly not until FW11.3. :D

I`m usually connected with the USB every day, so it would work fine for me.

Sounds similar to the Line6 "Gear Monkey" or what ever it was called. When you connect USB and connected to internet it checks if your FW, drivers, whatnots.. are up to date

you know he has said that the new AE will be able to recognize changes in the axe and adjust it self to the new changes a FW brings. Fractal bot maybe the name of that process or a spin off of the idea

Provided that it's implemented in a way so that I have to approve the update, I'm down like a clown. There's nothing worse than having a hiccup in workflow because a program update messes up the good thing I've got going. Say I'm going to record an album in FW10 (maybe 11 if it's minor updates), and the next FW really changes my presets. No bueno, if it just automatically does it for me.

I think a good in between would be a function within Axe-Edit that allows you to check if your FW is up to date. This is how it works with Omnisphere and my Izotope products. It just scans my version and quickly reports if I've got updates. It would definitely lighten the load on the forum, what with people constantly checking in to see if the new "thing" has dropped.

cool - if it's like L6 gear monkey, it will be great as gear monkey works really well - it tells you all the components you have install and which ones are out of date, then gives you the option to update them if you wish. The subsequent updates are really seamless. Though L6 does not have the tones / flexibility Fractal does by any means, the software interfaces for their modellers are top notch from my experience.

Provided that it's implemented in a way so that I have to approve the update, I'm down like a clown. There's nothing worse than having a hiccup in workflow because a program update messes up the good thing I've got going. Say I'm going to record an album in FW10 (maybe 11 if it's minor updates), and the next FW really changes my presets. No bueno, if it just automatically does it for me.
I agree with your view and am pretty sure that Fractal will implement it this way.

It would definitely lighten the load on the forum, what with people constantly checking in to see if the new "thing" has dropped.
Yes, and positive acknowledgments for new firmware could be sent out to units in an incremental manner, so everyone doesn't hammer the server downloading files ;). OTOH, Cliff could put the thing up on Amazon and not worry about it? Then we can all have our firmware the split second it is released ;).

Would be cool to also have beta FW functionality added in.

Checks for updates for FW / AE, prompts for update if needed, and also prompts for beta FW if it is available and downloadable.

Back
Top Bottom