Preset #75 latency??? WTf??

Sidius

Hi fractal. I played and tried all factory presets since I got the axe fx ii . All well except for preset #75 "down tuned guitar" ? It has latency by about 0.8-1.0 ms !! Please fix this for the next update. Any word from fractal and cliff would be appreciated and if you are aware of this.. ? Really annoying! Thanks!!! :)

A latency of 0.8 to 1.0 ms is throwing you off? Then you better don't start playing bigger stages...

That said... "down tuned guitar" is pitch shifting to whole signal, i.e. mix at 100%. Latency is nature of the beast and, keeping processing/tone quality out of the discussion, there are physical laws you can't beat.

It is the pitch shifting. When you pitch shift you have to add latency. You can lower the tracking to reduce the latency, but lit comes at the expense of quality.

I guarantee the latency is higher than 1 ms. 1 ms is below the threshold of detection by humans. It is probably well over 10 ms on that preset.

A latency of 0.8 to 1.0 ms is throwing you off? Then you better don't start playing bigger stages...

That said... "down tuned guitar" is pitch shifting to whole signal, i.e. mix at 100%. Latency is nature of the beast and, keeping processing/tone quality out of the discussion, there are physical laws you can't beat.
Or a small stage. 1ms is like moving a foot away from your speaker.

I turned down the sag to make it a little less noticable. Maybe there are other ways to improve the response.

Hi fractal. I played and tried all factory presets since I got the axe fx ii . All well except for preset #75 "down tuned guitar" ? It has latency by about 0.8-1.0 ms !! Please fix this for the next update. Any word from fractal and cliff would be appreciated and if you are aware of this.. ? Really annoying! Thanks!!! :)

Wow-Preset #75-really? response from FAS or Cliff on #75? really? Where am I?

384 presets.
You don't like *75 and rip on FAS for it.
Not only that you do not even understand how the effect is done and why it sounds like it does.
Hilarious.

Sidius, if droptuning matters to you a lot, try the Whammy DT or Morpheus Droptune. I've had a slightly better experience with them into the Axe.

LOL. Movie was horrible except for the "bug on you" scene.

What if I were referencing the TV show....AAAUUUUGH!

The movie: way past awful. Sadly, a good buddy of mine from college is a producer who has a hand in this (as well as several other Wil Farrell debacles). I find Farrell unwatchable except for Anchorman, Stranger than Fiction, and portions of 'The Other Guys'.

What if I were referencing the TV show....AAAUUUUGH!

The movie: way past awful. Sadly, a good buddy of mine from college is a producer who has a hand in this (as well as several other Wil Farrell debacles). I find Farrell unwatchable except for Anchorman, Stranger than Fiction, and portions of 'The Other Guys'.

Screw this company and their 1ms delay. step brothers and old school were awesome.

Back
Top Bottom