Tone Matching: A Step-by-Step Video Tutorial

Great job! I really like the feel of 6, but haven't had the time to TM anything. That rocked, so my priorities must get straight. Straight to TM something.

Excellent work, concise and very helpful. Thanks alot!

Plastic on my ultra display was easier to keep on than the II. I sold my ultra with it on!

Again, great work.

One suggestion:
I should have made the default for the reference Left Only as a lot of times the guitar will be stereo and if you sum to mono (L+R SUM) you get weird phasing and this will affect the match results negatively. Therefore it is best to set the channel for the reference to Left or Right only.

Nicely done as usual. I have to admit that when you first came on here promoting your solo a week thing I thought that you might be one of those self promoting flakes, but man you are a tremendous asset to the FAS family IMHO.

To answer Chris' question about having any silence when capturing or referencing I'm pretty sure that the beta testers had indicated that best results were obtained by doing it exactly as in the video with no silence in the beginning or end.

Oh and the plastic was off of mine 2 seconds after it was racked. My Ultra probably had the plastic on it up until I sold it which is funny.

I'm not seeing the option to select "USB" in my computer's audio settings. Do I have to load the Fractal USB drivers in order to see this or should it have recognized the Axe-FX II regardless? I was having issues with my Fractal USB drivers a few weeks ago so I think I may have removed them.

One suggestion:
I should have made the default for the reference Left Only as a lot of times the guitar will be stereo and if you sum to mono (L+R SUM) you get weird phasing and this will affect the match results negatively. Therefore it is best to set the channel for the reference to Left or Right only.

It's interesting that you say this Cliff, cause I definitely noticed the matches sound "flatter" somehow if they are summed and more organic if they are set to match off only one channel. Thanks for confirming!

I've added an annotation on the video.

this should be a sticky too

One suggestion:

I hadn't gotten into the tma part of fw6 yet... still going through the amps... you made this process look pretty straight forward and simple, thanx tons.

btw keep the plastic. I have 2 digitech pmc10's that I bought in late 89 and retired in 07 that still have the plastic on the displays. :)

Back
Top Bottom