Can the FM3 run this?

MSS

Power User
HI,

I have an AXE III. Can the FM3 run this patch? The 2nd amp is my clean but that was pre fast switching so I think I can just use a channel in the one amp now.
Clean - Dual IR, Mk iV rhythm, PEQ, Plex delay
Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 3.08.14 PM.png
Dirty - 2 dynacabs, MBand Comp, DynDist, Analog mono Delay and Reverb on high.
Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 3.02.48 PM.png

How about 2 patches? One for clean. One for dirty. I don’t care as much about switching delays as this is a recording setup. I can dumb down the patch for live. Maybe I just need the FM9. Ty.

Last edited:
I’m with Chris on the “unlikely.”

One thing I run into on the FM3 and the IIImk2 is that it matters which selections are made within a given block. E.g. An early digital delay emulation vs an analog tape delay emulation.

I like the footprint of the FM3 but it does seem like the FM9 is a better choice for your requirements. Congrats in advance? 😀

Minus phaser, chorus and multi delay? This might get me to 70% on the fm3 turbo I am thinking. I can live without dyn dist. I am watching Leon’s FM 3 Turbo vid right now.

Last edited:
For better or for worse, I seem to have talked myself into completing the triumvirate with an FM9. The plan is to have the FM9 set up for playing out, pedals with amp style, and as a partner to the III when the kitchen-sink, back-end, faux-rack-system is desired. Good luck figuring it out @MSS!

Reactions: MSS
For better or for worse, I seem to have talked myself into completing the triumvirate with an FM9. The plan is to have the FM9 set up for playing out, pedals with amp style, and as a partner to the III when the kitchen-sink, back-end, faux-rack-system is desired. Good luck figuring it out @MSS!
FM9 for me as well. Thanks everyone!

Probably not, though this one runs fine at an average of 74%, and a peak of 78 - 79% for the smart Harmonizer scene on this non-Turbo FM3, via a UA OX Stomp in the FX Loop for the Cab/Room sims in this case (not using the OX's Reverb, EQ, or Compression in this preset)...

Turn off the Global EQ's and use the Multi-Delay's Diffusor for a vintage style digital Reverb rather the the CPU hungry Reverb block, plus minimize your number of Shunts. Those things will save you some CPU on the FM3.

Last edited:
Probably not, though this one runs fine at an average of 74%, and a peak of 78 - 79% for the smart Harmonizer scene on this non-Turbo FM3, via a UA OX Stomp in the FX Loop for the Cab/Room sims in this case (not using the OX's Reverb, EQ, or Compression in this preset)...

Turn off the Global EQ's and use the Multi-Delay's Diffusor for a vintage style digital Reverb rather the the CPU hungry Reverb block, plus minimize your number of Shunts. Those things will save you some CPU on the FM3.
How do you use the diffusor?

I have just a small reverb on my presets and would like to get rid of the reverb block.
But I tired the Multi delay diffusor but I really don’t understand how it works lol.
You use the quad diffusor? Wich settings?

Thanxs

How about now? I got rid of the dual amp, shunts and chorus.
View attachment 137245

Nope. EDIT: With Old School FM3, not turbo. Dump the pith block and no problem. Unless you need all those effects at once, the way I'd handle it on the FM3 is have 2 presets that I use mutually exclusive. For example, a main preset which is lacks the pitch and plex that I use for most songs. And then a special effects preset where I then have access to the pitch and plex minus the phaser and multidelay.

Back
Top Bottom