FM9 Firmware Version 6.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I noticed that when using the NFB compensation in the "power amp" settings of the Amp block, the compensation is actually in reverse. I.e. when switched to "off" there is no impact of the settings in the negative feedback control on volume, but when set to "on" there is. Shouldn't this be the other way around? No biggie, but seems a little confusing to me... unless I am missing something?

Edit: Just noticed that the above is correct for the Bassman 59 and Two STone models, but for the Cameron model, the NFB compensation does seem to work in the expected direction.

Last edited:
Just came here to bring up and request song bpm per songs. This would make Gapless a true game changer! I love the addition, but not being able to tap out a song at the start and have that stay true till you move to a new song cuts the possibilities down a lot.

I know you guys are working so hard, it’s so appreciated. This last thing would literally 100% my fm9 and all my needs

Just came here to bring up and request song bpm per songs. This would make Gapless a true game changer! I love the addition, but not being able to tap out a song at the start and have that stay true till you move to a new song cuts the possibilities down a lot.

I know you guys are working so hard, it’s so appreciated. This last thing would literally 100% my fm9 and all my needs
Add a reply in the wishlist post... This thread is about the current firmware release.

Happy to report I was able to REDUCE my kitchen sink preset thanks to gapless switching! I removed my second cab block and multiplexer, since that was my workaround for gapless amp switching. Got almost 3% back!
I did the same thing with my kitchen sink preset. It's so nice to have a simpler workflow.

Hi,
I noticed that when using the NFB compensation in the "power amp" settings of the Amp block, the compensation is actually in reverse. I.e. when switched to "off" there is no impact of the settings in the negative feedback control on volume, but when set to "on" there is. Shouldn't this be the other way around? No biggie, but seems a little confusing to me... unless I am missing something?

Edit: Just noticed that the above is correct for the Bassman 59 and Two STone models, but for the Cameron model, the NFB compensation does seem to work in the expected direction.
I noticed this as well

Has anyone else had issues with old presets that squeezed every drop of CPU no longer loading? Is there a way to still load them and remove a block, so I can adjust it in order to make it work again?
Yes - several that were near the limit now showing high utilisation and one that became muted. Surprised me a little. didn't take much to sort them out - just tidied up some blocks that weren't really required.

^ Wonder if this was after enabling gapless or just the regular firmware update and then loading up the same preset? If the former then it should be easy to load a blank (or factory) preset, turn off gapless in the system settings and then load up and clean up the problem preset.

It's awesome that many of us can save some resources by eliminating the dual amps + multiplexer now and go with just one amp block! This also means less fussing for different sounds, at least for me. I can get my clean, push, gain, heavy, and lead sounds using one block, four channels, and control switches with ease!

^ Wonder if this was after enabling gapless or just the regular firmware update and then loading up the same preset? If the former then it should be easy to load a blank (or factory) preset, turn off gapless in the system settings and then load up and clean up the problem preset.

It's awesome that many of us can save some resources by eliminating the dual amps + multiplexer now and go with just one amp block! This also means less fussing for different sounds, at least for me. I can get my clean, push, gain, heavy, and lead sounds using one block, four channels, and control switches with ease!
Very much just updating the firmware - I don't gig so gapless not really so important. And I trade presets between an FM9 and a III and don't bother to optimise for lower CPU if I don't actually need to. So yeah, just a little tidying up / rationalisation and no problem here.

Also gigged FW6 for the first time this weekend, subbing in for a theatre show. Gapless was a game-changer. Congrats FAS!
I'm fine working with scenes, but I'm really curious as to how the gapless presets will work. My FM9 Turbo is arriving today.

I'm curious about this line in the Fixes section of the release notes: "Modifiers set to PCReset ‘ON’ will not override the stored parameter value in the default preset at startup."

Based on the phrasing, I can't tell if this was a bug that has been fixed in the full release or if it's describing the intended behavior. From my testing, I'm noticing that modifiers with PC Reset ON do not currently override parameter values on startup, only after switching presets or reverting the default preset in FM9-Edit.

Because I'm not sure exactly what the intended behavior is, this seems like a bug. I'd like to believe it is, at least, because I'm not sure what the reasoning for this behavior would be otherwise. I'm hoping Matt can chime in without me tagging him... :)

Don't know if this is a bug from the new firmware or not but third from left stomp switch stopped working on any bank on my latest power up. Rebooting solved it but the fact it happened has me anticipating it occurring at a less opportune time.

How is the new FW treating the non-Turbo FM9 users? I've been a little gun shy about updating for fear of extending bootup time even longer or other potential issues

How is the new FW treating the non-Turbo FM9 users? I've been a little gun shy about updating for fear of extending bootup time even longer or other potential issues
It’s great been using it for weeks
There are little things that have changed but they are easy to correct , as others said the reverb mix is a little more prominent now depending on the type but no worries if you had it at 10% before just drop the mix to7 or 8%.

The new amps sound great
5153 stealth , MarkV, 2203
And the Silver Jubilee
I would not worry about it

I'm curious about this line in the Fixes section of the release notes: "Modifiers set to PCReset ‘ON’ will not override the stored parameter value in the default preset at startup."

Based on the phrasing, I can't tell if this was a bug that has been fixed in the full release or if it's describing the intended behavior. From my testing, I'm noticing that modifiers with PC Reset ON do not currently override parameter values on startup, only after switching presets or reverting the default preset in FM9-Edit.

Because I'm not sure exactly what the intended behavior is, this seems like a bug. I'd like to believe it is, at least, because I'm not sure what the reasoning for this behavior would be otherwise. I'm hoping Matt can chime in without me tagging him... :)
From the manual, "PC Reset sets the value for an external source when a preset first loads. This allows you to override the actual position of an external controller until it is moved or updated." In other words, when ON, if you have an external modifier assigned, when you load a preset it will ignore the modifier and load the preset value. The modifier only kicks in when it is changed/moved. EXCEPT ON STARTUP. The default startup preset would not override the position of the modifier. While not technically a bug (the feature requires a preset change), most folks (myself included) felt that it was inconsistent and the PC Reset setting should apply to loading of the startup preset as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom