Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.04 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya not happy with the D60 More update, It would have been nice to have both the Series I and Series II. I was using the Series I as my current main preset amp. I don't like the Series II, it sounds like another Variation of a JCM800. I think we have enough of those models in here. Nothing sounded like the Series I. It is Drier and Stiffer and that's why I liked it.

Last edited:
Thank you.. I have be using the CA3+ Rhythm and Lead models recently.. They showed up in one of the Gifts of Tone this year and hit me right. Looking forward to checking them out. Appreciate the updates.

Ya not happy with the D60 More update, It would have been nice to have both the Series I and Series II. I was using the Series I as my current main preset amp. I don't like the Series II, it sounds like another Variation of a JCM800. I think we have enough of those models in here. Nothing sounded like the Series I. It is Drier and Stiffer and that's why I liked it.
Here's the fix:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-24-03-release.200627/

Disclaimer: I'm not using the D60's.
Just out of curiosity....
Since the code for the Series I existed, how difficult would it to add this again?
Again, this doesn't concern me and maybe no explanation is warranted but it might be good to know just to understand why the Series II has replaced the Series I instead of being added.
Again @FractalAudio, if you feel no explanation is necessary, that's fine by me.

In my personal experience, I've had presets sounding not quite to my taste even without changing anything or updating.
And if something does change significantly after a firmware update, I somehow manage to find something I'm satisfied with again.

FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS TO MAKE THE FRYETTE D60 MORE SOUND (CLOSE TO) HOW IT WAS BEFORE THIS UPDATE [WITHOUT ROLLING BACK F.W.]:

this is what i did and it got me almost there:
1. lower the master a bit and compensate with the level (10% at most on each)
2. lower the input boost by 1.5db
3. increase treble by 0.5-1
4. tweak the amp block output eq to taste

those seem to get me very close to the previous sound with a bit of the best of both. a.k.a. snappy tight fryette distorted sound with enough "hair" for the leads to not sound thin

If we're moving to the less dry and stiff Fryette Deliverence Series II, it would be cool to also add the even dryer and stiffer Pitbull Ultralead.

The SigX is also cool, but there are so many switches and settings that to model them all in the Axe would be even more models than the Friedman BE, and that's just not practical.

I haven’t played either Fryette model, but based on the descriptions people are posting, I would try raising the Negative Feedback to tighten up the lower notes. If the high strings feel choked after doing that, raise the Presence.

Last edited:
If we're moving to the less dry and stiff Fryette Deliverence Series II, it would be cool to also add the even dryer and stiffer Pitbull Ultralead.

The SigX is also cool, but there are so many switches and settings that to model them all in the Axe would be even more models than the Friedman BE, and that's just not practical.
oooohhh the sig-x would be an awesome addition. that thing is a beast and sounds insanely good

Feedback
The uninterrupted switching of presets and scenes is terrific after the first hundred.+++++
The feel and dynamics of the amps are simply awesome.
If you've never tried it before, put down the pick and play with your fingers.
The spatial presence is also perceptible

P.S Thanks Ciff for the permanent smile on my face and the great fun with the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom