IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
@YorkAudio, does this newest IR pack (KW 412 M25-SH) have anything to do with this file?:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/gift-of-tone/#12
The Gift of Tone IR came from one of my York Audio 2x12 cabinets. This is a Kerry Wright 4x12… and as of 30 seconds ago, I just became its new owner! 🙌 Definitely going to be making more packs with this cabinet in the future.

I've had quite a few requests for the preset I used for the KW 412 M25-SH clips, so here it is. Each scene has the amp, guitar, and IR I used for it, so load and assign the correct IRs in the Cab block and that's it.

Scene 1 - JCM 800 with Les Paul and Mix 01
Scene 2 - JTM 45 with Tele and Mix 17
Scene 3 - JCM 800 with Les Paul and STM 03
Scene 4 - SLO with Les Paul and STM 05

Enjoy!

Attachments

• YA KW 412 M25-SH Clips.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 127
I’m looking forward to making some DynaCabs. I compared these to the DynaCab Greenback options and they don’t sound anything like the TV 4x12 or the Friedman 4x12 M25.

Excited to hear what your dynacabs will sound like. Will be nice to have more flavors of greenback cabs other than the TV and Friedman.

Last edited:
Well, bought this cab Thursday and I didn’t get to do much with it, but just had the urge to play after watching Blink-182 at Coachella, and that Justin York guy (who is way underrated in the pop punk world in my opinion) exceeded my expectations once again.

Absolutely amazing with my Les Paul and the Atomica High!

BTW, the fact I spent $16.99 for a new cab and didn’t have to drive an hour to a guitar shop is always a treat.

Justin this is awesome!! Just picked up the new library, great to see you've upgraded your toolchain as well. Gonna be trying it on bass at rehearsal this coming week 💙

Just purchased today...York has pushed the envelop even further and I am enjoying changing my presets on the FM3 using the stereo mixes...like STM4 currently. Given the limitations of only 2 cab slots on the FM3 the ability to use the room stereo mix with a fav IR is a bridge too far...is there anyone using the the FM3 with this pack and finding other combos that work well...I really like what I am hearing so excited to get others recommendations?

And yes I am up to 10 IR packs from Mr. York...got me hooked bad...

Well, bought this cab Thursday and I didn’t get to do much with it, but just had the urge to play after watching Blink-182 at Coachella, and that Justin York guy (who is way underrated in the pop punk world in my opinion) exceeded my expectations once again.

BTW, the fact I spent $16.99 for a new cab and didn’t have to drive an hour to a guitar shop is always a treat.
Yeah the Atomica High is a great match with this cab!

I bet the Marshall branded G12-65's will sound awesome in this cab 😇
That would be awesome. I am almost using YA exclusively at this point…just need a great pack based on G12-65s to get over the finish line. Would love to hear a YA take on this in both your newly acquired KW 4x12 cab as well as an open-back 2x12. This would make me so incredibly happy and thankful.

I’m glad you’re liking it! I gotta try it with the Atomica High. It’s pretty awesome with the Solo 100 Lead model as well with the gain around 3.5 and just using Depth and Presence as your low/high end response.

Just purchased today...York has pushed the envelop even further and I am enjoying changing my presets on the FM3 using the stereo mixes...like STM4 currently. Given the limitations of only 2 cab slots on the FM3 the ability to use the room stereo mix with a fav IR is a bridge too far...is there anyone using the the FM3 with this pack and finding other combos that work well...I really like what I am hearing so excited to get others recommendations?

And yes I am up to 10 IR packs from Mr. York...got me hooked bad...
The Stereo Mixes don’t require a third IR, so you can use those and pan them hard left and right and you’ll be using them the way they were intended. You can also use one main IR and blend in a single side of one of the room mics. It won’t be stereo, but it will still give you nice ambience under your tone. I personally prefer the RMS and RML files for that stuff.

That would be awesome. I am almost using YA exclusively at this point…just need a great pack based on G12-65s to get over the finish line. Would love to hear a YA take on this in both your newly acquired KW 4x12 cab as well as an open-back 2x12. This would make me so incredibly happy and thankful.
Yeah, the G12-65 and the EVM 12L are high in my priority list… just need to figure out with one and which cab to do first.

@York Audio Thank you for the time you spent emailing back and forth with me yesterday about mics and greenbacks. I did not expect help that quickly so thank you.

I purchased the KW cab and wow it sounds incredible! This is the greenback basketweave sound I have been looking for but haven’t quite been able to find with factory or third party IRs.

I love the low-mid range growl and the high end clarity. I found a mix I liked which got me close, and then spent a good hour dialing in my own mix. I will need to spend more time trying other mic variations, but this is the quickest I’ve ever gotten to the sound I was after. Really liking the 57v OA, 121, and sm7 captures so far.

Your product and customer service are top notch, so thank you! I highly recommend this impulse capture and will be back for more.

I've had quite a few requests for the preset I used for the KW 412 M25-SH clips, so here it is. Each scene has the amp, guitar, and IR I used for it, so load and assign the correct IRs in the Cab block and that's it.

Scene 1 - JCM 800 with Les Paul and Mix 01
Scene 2 - JTM 45 with Tele and Mix 17
Scene 3 - JCM 800 with Les Paul and STM 03
Scene 4 - SLO with Les Paul and STM 05

Enjoy!

Could someone open this preset? I tried it on the Axe FX III and it shows like a empty preset. @York Audio

Anyway, thanks for the preset!

Back
Top Bottom