Can't Beat Warmoth

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Bought a Warmoth Strat off eBay. $400. Like new. Birdseye maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, roller nut, locking tuners, alder body, quilt maple top. Had some cheap single coils in it.

Put a couple Duncan single coils in it and a JB Trembucker in the bridge and it rips. Plays like butter. Easily competes with my $5K+ Suhrs and Tom Andersons.

Total investment about $600 and a couple hours of time.

exactly how I feel about the 3 import Schecter Nick Johnston's I own. Incredible guitars for the money, preferred the stock pickups over the ones in my Suhr, what eventually led to me selling my that guitar.
Loved the Indonesian made schecter Nick Johnston I had. Regret selling it. Would love to try the tile model one day with HB in neck and tele single coil in bridge

Bought a Warmoth Strat off eBay. $400. Like new. Birdseye maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, roller nut, locking tuners, alder body, quilt maple top. Had some cheap single coils in it.

Put a couple Duncan single coils in it and a JB Trembucker in the bridge and it rips. Plays like butter. Easily competes with my $5K+ Suhrs and Tom Andersons.

Feel like this Is a sign for me to not spend for an Ernie ball music man Luke 3 lol

I have multiple partscasters with Fender bodies with Warmoth necks and SS frets. I'm a fan.

$400 is a steal. I've built a handful of guitars using their necks and bodies and they're solid instruments.

Cough up the photos, Cliff.
I've been tempted to do a Warmoth build for a long time but could never really justify the gamble.

Sounds nice. I’ll give ya $601 for it… a tidy profit!!! Take a check?

My favorite Strat-alike has a Warmoth unfinished roasted maple neck, the modern profile and stainless frets. I just had it routed for a Raw Vintage PAF at the bridge to go along with two of their RV-50 pickups, and rewired it to match Raw Vintage’s schematic used in the Xotic guitars. It also has the Callaham stamped bridge saddles and heavy tremolo block. It sounds like a monster and plays wonderfully.

But, jeez, their website sucks!

Last edited:

1679908181887.jpeg|

I concur. My favorite one is a Warmoth roasted maple scalloped neck with SS frets that I attached to an old Highway One body
G01.jpg

G02.jpg

005.JPG

The justification is easy; wood selection and time spent on the hand work is most of the difference between a custom shop Strat and a Mexican Player.
Yes of course i m not saying they re the same guitars.. But with a good luthier you could easily raise up the level of a good cheap/medium guitar still for a lot lot less amount of money.

Back
Top Bottom