Waitlist Email

They’ll translate fine if they were made with the FM3 in mind. On the FX3:
  • Back up the presets.
  • Make sure the CPU % usage of each preset on the FX3 is 25% or lower. Remove blocks or find suitable blocks with lower CPU demands until it is.
  • Remove blocks that don’t exist on the FM3.
  • Adjust the layout of the preset to fit within the FM3’s 12x4 grid. If you don’t then the layout will be mangled and you will have to rebuild it on the FM3; It’s easier to do it ahead of time on the FX3. Feedback Send and Return blocks are really useful when doing this.
  • Test the sound.
  • Back up the presets again from the FX3.
  • Update both firmwares and their editors to their latest versions.
  • Back up the presets again from the FX3.
  • Export the presets from the FX3. You can do them one by one using the Preset menu, en masse using the Preset Manager, or by backing up a bank in Axe-Edit III using Fractal-Bot.
  • Import them into the FM3. Use Preset > Import, or drag them into the desired slots in the right-hand pane in Preset Manager, by dragging their enclosing folder into the left-hand pane in Preset Manager, or by dragging the backup file into the left-hand pane, then dragging to the slots on the right, then finally clicking Store.
  • Back them up from the FM3.
I move them back and forth often and that’s basically my process.

They should transfer correctly. The developers have been working really hard this year to make sure presets transfer without problems.

PS - It’s basically the same for the FM9, except the grid is the same size, and the FM9 has about 50% of the FX3’s CPU.
@Greg Ferguson

Hey Greg. Have you moved any presets from the FM9 to the FM3? I want to set up all my custom FM9 presets on my FM3 so it can be a back up for playing out. Any tips on CPU % and migration procedures? My FM9 is the original non-turbo unit. Thx.

Last edited:
@Greg Ferguson

Hey Greg. Have you moved any presets from the FM9 to the FM3? I want to set up all my custom FM9 presets on my FM3 so it can be a back up for playing out. Any tips on CPU % and migration procedures? My FM9 is the original non-turbo unit. Thx.
I do it all the time, but this is off-topic for the thread. Ask it as a new question and I'll chime in. I've also commented on it in other threads so a search of my posts should turn up the things I do.

Waitlist email confirmation: 2/19/22
Purchase invitation and order sent: 12/13/22

A long overdue upgrade to my Ultra purchased in 2011.
Last time I was on the wait list was for the ultra. I got my invite a weekend ago, but dang it, I spent too much money on mountain bike parts. Funds should be replenished after Christmas. 🙂

Last time I was on the wait list was for the ultra. I got my invite a weekend ago, but dang it, I spent too much money on mountain bike parts. Funds should be replenished after Christmas. 🙂
If you don’t have the money can you still keep your spot for a little bit?

If you don’t have the money can you still keep your spot for a little bit?
Due to the very limited number of FM9 units available at this time, we ask that you place your order as soon as possible. Invitations remain valid until current inventory is depleted. If you wait and we sell out, you'll need to wait again, although we do make special accommodations for invites sent near the end and carefully measure sends vs. sales expectations as we get there.

Due to the very limited number of FM9 units available at this time, we ask that you place your order as soon as possible. Invitations remain valid until current inventory is depleted. If you wait and we sell out, you'll need to wait again, although we do make special accommodations for invites sent near the end and carefully measure sends vs. sales expectations as we get there.
thanks for the reply! you guys have been barreling through these so fast 5/22 is looking soon...

Forgive me if I’m misunderstanding :)
Does this mean if the inventory is depleted, your name goes to the very beginning of the list again? Or does it mean when inventory gets back in stock, you have an opportunity to pick one up again?

I'm got on the list April 12, 2021. Can't believe the waitlist has already hit March!
I was thinking I wouldn't have a chance until April or May 2023 but it's looking like it might be a bit closer.
My only worry is selling my FM3/FC6 afterwards. Sold a ton of gear on Reverb end of last year and I'm finding myself more and more annoyed with it. Should have saved my FAS boxes too but after a couple weeks of playing through my FM3 I was thinking there was not way I'd ever need to sell it lol.

Back
Top Bottom