Inspired by the FM3 temp home thread

hippietim

Axe-Master
Last weekend, someone was asking about doing an organ patch in the FM3 thread in the Lounge sub-forum - specifically he mentioned Blue Collar Man.

This patch took me less than 5 minutes from start to finish to create on the FM3 with no editor using the final release candidate build of the firmware. It was literally the first thing I did after I loaded the firmware because I was reading the thread while the firmware was loading. I did this completely from memory and I was just happy that I remembered the lick from playing the tune in high school many decades ago.

The patch is attached and here's a quick sound sample. If anyone is interested, I can walk through the steps I took to create the patch - if you're new to Fractal products you might be surprised at just how little I actually did.

Attachments

• Blue Collar.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 37
So it seems the pitch block works definitely better than the ax8, cool!

Since you already have the fm3, can I ask you a question? What percentage is the cpu on factory preset #019 (Shiver)?
Asking just to get an idea of how the processing power compares to the axe fx

And we can load it in an Axe FXIII via Axe edit III without problems :)
thanks for this "blue Collar" preset Hippietim (I really like the 2204!! )

Last weekend, someone was asking about doing an organ patch in the FM3 thread in the Lounge sub-forum - specifically he mentioned Blue Collar Man.

That was me. Thanks for taking a few minutes to play with this feature! As soon as my FM3 arrives, I will drop you a line. I am a first time user of modeling, so a few pointers will be helpful.
Thank you!

@Kingfishcam - When you get your FM3 just ask away - there's some ridiculously clever people around these parts.

Are you planning on gigging the FM3? If so, what's your plan for monitoring/amplification? This is really a huge deal that so many people don't get right - particularly first time users. One of the most common reasons people bail on modeling is that they choose a poor output system for their needs. There's no absolutes here but there are some prescribed ways to do things that work better than others for most folks. And there are specific products that really are superior.

@Kingfishcam One thing to note is that Output 1 is XLR only so you'll need the right cable. I believe @Mark Day did some 4CM testing with the FM3. I would have but I sold all my tube amps over the last couple years.

The only tricky thing with 4CM is that some loops really don't work well. I had an older Boogie that was problematic with my TC G-System. And my SLO was not 4CM friendly at all with anything. I've done 4CM successfully with Fractal gear into Suhr, Bogner, Friedman, and Two Rock amps.

@hippietim thanks for the heads up. I believe I have XLR to 1/4 in my stash of cables. I am using a boutique amp built by Rozsa Amplification, so we shall see.

If this is your first go at 4CM, another really useful gizmo is this:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/acc...452000000000?rNtt=hum x&index=2#productDetail

I've played some places where that was the only way to get rid of hum - particularly some older units like the G-System but I used it with the FX8 at one venue everytime as well. Some folks will lift the ground but that can be dangerous since this is what you're connecting to directly in 4CM.

Back
Top Bottom