FW 18 Release Notes please?

I've just opened up the release notes and a big "SOON!" fell out, hit the floor and was unceremoniously eaten by one of my dogs.

What I've heard is that the FW 18 is already prepared for release but the FAS team is busy writing the release notes since two weeks.

I think I can predict when FW 18 will be released. It will be the Friday before St.Patrick's day because I have a gig then and will have no time the weekend before to update.

My version of the release notes:

G3 amp modeling implemented
Kicks ass
Takes no prisoners
Caution: hair on back of neck may stand up. This is intended, not a bug.
Shut up and play your guitar

Here is a preview

technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
No brown M&M
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff
technical stuff

Firmware - 18.00

Amp Block - Completely new algorithm for amp modeling. It is new and really, really cool. I mean it is super sweet. Oh man you guys totally won't even believe it. It's just like... wow, you know?

There, hope you guys are happy.

It was not on purpose !!

Yahaa, sure :roll ... and Jimi Hendrix never played guitar... "FW 18 Release Notes !!!" :shock ...come on

This all shows to me how many off us are on the brink since days now, because of FW18. Sure, they don't have to, but sometimes I whish Cliff would give a "not before x-day" THAT would stop people from hitting F5 all day long.
... and if the FW comes earlier: fine by me. ... if there's delay: just another "not before x-day"

Last edited:
I'm not much for posting as the many thousands that read way more than they post but I'm at the breaking point. The anticipation is excruciating. I try to focus on other good things going on in my life but they all pail in comparison to my desire for '18'- '18'- '18'- '18- '18'-'18'-'EIGHTEEN'"! I've tried chanting,"'18'- '18'- '18'- '18- '18'-'18'- '18'"x 7 x 7, I need it, I want it, I've got to have it, I can feel it, I can hear it, I fantasize about it, I need to go to sleep until it arrives.

I think I can predict when FW 18 will be released. It will be the Friday before St.Patrick's day because I have a gig then and will have no time the weekend before to update.

I can't wait that long. I'm hoping Cliff does a Valentines Day release with each amp representing chocolates in a heart shaped box.

I feel bamboozled clicking on this thread.

Just takes the presence of mind to look at the top of the page to see no FW18 thread in place of 17.04 . Which I did, then clicked on here to see what shenanigans were afoot.....although I did entertain the possibility that this had somehow preceeded that. Not hopefully, mind, jeez.

Back
Top Bottom