G3 modeling thread

yes of course it's a bad thing...
we need more speculation and wild theories, more conflict ridden tangents..
this is far more entertaining than the hundreds of channels of shit on TV right now..

Heh heh! I was getting sucked into Facebook and loosing useful hours of my life watching boring wall posts appear. I've binned that now and am much happier following this forum as at least I get something constructive out of it. TV is a thing of the past for me (unless 24 is on). :geek

Maybe a Source Audio Hot Hand controller with midi out does the trick?

The Ref says:
The source comment and subsequent Clarky reply were crass and stupid
2 minute minor to player 666 that was 999 for 'suggesting something sensible'

Not looking for anything revolutionary out of G3. The XL already outperforms most of my expectations. I don't even know what I would change with the modeling if someone offered me a magic wand to make any change that I would like.

Not looking for anything revolutionary out of G3.

Oh, G3 will be quite "revolutionary."

76228f9e2edaa2e91bd82092ebf9598eb0f12845.jpeg

17.04 is great. it's the best ever. i love it. i can't imagine it being better. with G3's release, i'm assuming it will be more dynamic, "feel" better, and should sound a bit different from 17.04. but if i need a different sound, i wouldn't think of loading old firmware. i'd use an EQ, or change the amp or cab, something like that.

maybe that's a bit traditional. but to me, axe firmware is NOT like using an old marshall head vs a new marshall head for different tone.

Yepp, it's not like using an old marshall vs a new marshall head, true. Even if the opposite way of seeing it, might have a little trueness in it.... ;) But it's a simulation with 17.04 and will continue being a simulation with Fw18, better or not depends on what you usually need to get the imagination of reality. If you need some tweaks to get closer to what you like about the real world on a simulated reality, you might need other tweaks on the next level of simulated reality, simply because your sound base is shifting.

Sometimes a imperfect simulation does the job different than a more perfect simulation, just because the simulation stays a simulation not pretending being the new reality, which will shift again, at least with Fw19 ;)

Cheers
Paco

FW 18 is already lame, FW 22 will be the best because it will be the last one. The way FWs are released, I think we will have FW 22 this year so it's the last year of anxious waitings for the next best FW.

Here's a question to speculate on....

Will G3 restart the FW #'s?

G3 - 1.0 ?

Or will we go to 18.0?

Sorry if this has already been tossed out there.....I just glanced through the other 24 pages of this thread :)

Here's a question to speculate on....

Will G3 restart the FW #'s?

G3 - 1.0 ?

Or will we go to 18.0?

Sorry if this has already been tossed out there.....I just glanced through the other 24 pages of this thread :)

Don't know and don't care, but the idea of calling the firmware 'fw1' brought excitement to my humble and effed up home somehow... :)

I wanted to start recording the guitar lines of our album just a few days before Cliff thread about G3, now everything is stasis until this madness dream come true... wooohooo... can't wait any longer.

Back
Top Bottom