The waiting begins. Axe FX-2

Alex@home

I've taken the plunge and put my hard earned money down on an Axe FX-2 Mk2.

I've taken the usual rout and sold my Eleven Rack, flogged off a guitar or two etc.

Expected delivery is the end of April. It's going to be a long month.

I can't stop talking about it at work and have this count down calendar on my office notice board.

Excited is not the word for it.

Congrats on joining the Axefx family :). I promise it will be the best guitar gear purchase you have ever made. In the time it takes to arrive, I suggest you do what I did (although my wait was a measly 5 days and it still killed me haha). Familiarize yourself with the Axefx 2 manual and read the forums to pick up tips and tricks so you hit the ground running. Of course you will have to experiment a lot too but that's the fun part. Hope your month goes by quick, let us know how you dig it when it finally arrives.

my wait was a measly 5 days and it still killed me haha

Yep, I was the same! Always am with new kit though...

Welcome to the forum Alex
wavey.gif

That's quite a wait! Plenty to read up on in the meantime, but it's only when you get hands on that most of it will any real sense

Tick...

Tock...

Tick...

Tock...

;)

Congrats Alex. On top of it you will be helped along the way by the many "masters" in here.

Sold the elevenrack over a year ago for the AxeFX2. No comparison on versatility, and there's not a single sound from the 11R I miss. You are in for some good times!

Congrats on joining the Axefx family :). I promise it will be the best guitar gear purchase you have ever made. In the time it takes to arrive, I suggest you do what I did (although my wait was a measly 5 days and it still killed me haha). Familiarize yourself with the Axefx 2 manual and read the forums to pick up tips and tricks so you hit the ground running. Of course you will have to experiment a lot too but that's the fun part. Hope your month goes by quick, let us know how you dig it when it finally arrives.

This! I had a wait time similar to yours and received mine about 3 weeks back. For the first time in my life I actually did read an entire manual(!), have done (and continue to do) a ton of surfing in the forum and have reviewed many of the excellent tutorial vids put together by various forum members. In particular I focused on topics I thought would be priorities for me such as connectivity options, setting levels, gain staging etc. I am NOT a technically apt "geek" and often get (unnecessarily) overwhelmed when it comes to the digital realm but man did my due diligence pay dividends. Right out of the box I had a very clear sense of direction and was amazed at how intuitive the layout of the unit was. I was completely comfortable making preliminary tweaks and have (so far) encountered very little on the anxiety front! This machine rocks, has completely inspired me and even makes running scales sexy! Bottom line, take the time to do your due diligence, make some notes and get ready to have your world rocked!

You won't regret it. Best guitar related purchase I have made in 30 years of buying gear.........god has it really been that long!!

In fact forget 'guitar related' !!!!

Well, I'm right there with ya, (almost). After like 2 years of lurking and wishing, I finally am ready to pull the trigger... and.... flop. There is a wait list.

Ok cool. So.. since I am waiting, I opted for the XL. I've got my $$ burning a hole in my bank account and I am just waiting for my invitation to order. I have zero idea when that will be though. Could be 3 months for all I know. So for now I'll just try not to think about it too much. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these though.

Expected delivery is the end of April. It's going to be a long month.

I hear ya. I actually got my Mk2 invite a few days before it went out of stock...waited too long and when I went to buy it "OUT OF STOCK"

Long month indeed...so close yet so far

I hear ya. I actually got my Mk2 invite a few days before it went out of stock...waited too long and when I went to buy it "OUT OF STOCK"

Long month indeed...so close yet so far

Hey Aggie Mike, be sure to read your invite carefully as it notes they are only releasing a limited # of units per day. I got my invite in the afternoon and had the same experience, came back the next morning....DONE! Make sure this isnt the case.

This is the wisest gear purchase that you'll make in your whole musical life. I guarantee it.

Welcome to the family. If you have any questions, silly, stupid or otherwise, use the search bar or feel free to ask one of us.

The waiting continues.

Waiting for a response from independent music the distributor here in Australia, but it's looking like blowing out beyond the 21st expected despatch day. Damn.

I've updated my office notice board.

I'm not disgruntled , just busting with anticipation.

Congrats! I was in the same boat as far as coming from the Eleven Rack. Let me just say, going from the 11r to the Axe FX II, is going to put a huge smile on your face :) I know the waiting sucks, and I feel for you, but it will be worth it and seem like nothing once you get the Axe FX in your hands.

Well at the moment im stuck with Guitar rig 5 which sucks balls and i have no audio interface..... I'm feeling lost and my rack has a big 2U empty space

Back
Top Bottom