• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

New profile posts

AustinBuddy is working on a firmware 14 update for the Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack and maybe seeing if there is a way to do a stripped-down version for the FM3, we'll see!
Hi austinbuddy,

Following the recommendations of some guys, I wanted to order your Live Gold TonePack for my FM3, but when I tried to pay with my US Credit Card, it didn't seem to work ... It asked me to try another Payment method. I tried with Paypal, but there seems to be a problem with my account, which Paypal doesn't seem to be able to fix ... Any suggestions of how we could proceed ? Thanks for your help, Taco
austinbuddy
austinbuddy
Hey Taco - I noticed that you had an issue. I will email you directly.
Good afternoon! I would like to receive your fretboard ebook please. Thank you for your generosity!!
Hello Piing
when it comes to powering arduino board in the DIY FC, it should be ok to power arduino board via usb by hooking it to the laptop usb port right ?
because when i did that it seems like there's no signal going from the FC to the Axe fx II at all, nothing is responding. what could be the problem ?
Piing
Piing
Hi.

Yes, the Aurduino can be powered from the USB. Is the LED of the arduino ON?
Do you see the Axe-FX MIDI IN led blinking when you send a MIDI command?
Anese
Anese
Yes the LED on the Arduino is ON, the LCD on FC is ON as well, also the the LEDs of the Swithes do turn ON and OFF as I toggle the Switches.
But the Midi LED of the AXE-FX is not blinking when i send any command.
I have my Midi female plug wired as follows:
Midi Pin 2 to the Arduino ground pin (below pin 52)
Midi pin 4-220 ohm resistor to Arduino 5V pin (above pin 22)
Midi pin 5-220 ohm resistor to Arduino Tx3 pin
Anese
Anese
there's a midi signal now between the FC and AxeFx now, i just connected Pin5 to Tx1 instead of Tx3.
but i only the scene switches work, the other switches does not work properly. (ill explain on the thread)
BIGDOG,

Just downloaded your DZL Ride the Lightning Preset on the Axe Exchange. Just wanted to let you know it is the best Metallica patch I have tried yet! Great Job.

I wanted to try your Kill em all patch but i don't have the user cab for it. Can you help tell me how to get it?

Also, please let me know if you'd be willing to take a stab an some other albums, and metallica's clean tones.

Much appreciated,

Chris
Hi Megahertzz. I just found your Metallica patch on the Axe Exchange and downloaded it. Unfortunately, I do not have the cab blocks that you are using. Could you help me out?

Thanks,

Chris
Megahertzz
Megahertzz
I use the ML USA Djent cab pack from the Fractal site, but Leon Todds IRs also work very well with my preset. You could also try any of the 4x12 V30 IR's in the factory cabs. It's been a few firmware updates since i posted the preset, so the amp block might need a little tweaking.
Hello Piing
Please check my last reply on DIY FC here
I'm trying to figure the the lastest code to go with the AXE FX II XL+
Thanks
Hey Piing,

How are you!! I understand you didn't like my preset all that much, but turning the level in the amp block and the output block bring it down. But if you wish try the modulation blocks from the preset...B channels on both!!.

Thanks. I will try you new preset in sometime.
Anyone fancy sending me a dry Di signal of a 7 string? A riff of some sort
Hey Keith I have a question. How do you have your ev-1 peddles hooked up? I had mine hooked up in to the FC-12 but I was getting nothing when I went to calibrate them so I hooked them in the back of the axe fx 3 then I could calibrate them. I thought you could hook them up in the back of the fc-12
chris
chris
You calibrate through the FC menu when connected to the FC.
DT1990 - Straight into the AXE III or do you use a headphone amp?
shemihazazel
shemihazazel
Straight from the headphone output. The Axe III has plenty of omph to drive them. I usually keep the output knob at noon.
Hi

just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed your Kid Charlemagne preset. I'm a Dan fan, as you can probably tell from my username and this covers quite a few tracks from the album, great job, thanks for uploading it. 👍
Hi There,
I have been typing comments on your youtube videos with no avail and not even thinking this is possible...here on the forum... but anyways....i need your pink floyd pack but i am not aware if it is updated with 12.14 update....please help. Thanks in advance!!
fremen
fremen
Hello, it is updated to 12.05, so it will work with 12.14 without any problem !
Has finished and released Banks 1 & 2 of the new 1000+ Live Gold TonePack for the FM3, and is busy working on the final Bank 3 to get it out by early August!
I just heard a Fractal patch from years ago, Zeppelin Heartbreaker.
ANY possible chance you could post or send the patch?
It's amazing, probably the best Page tone I've ever heard.
https:// forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/zeppelin-heartbreaker-solo.35354/
Hey friend, looking at reacquiring an AX8. Do you have any aftermarket presets on this one?
Voldemort
Voldemort
Yes, I've left all my additional presets on there, in addition to the factory presets.
Hello I’m a newbie and I’m asking about one if your old posts . I’m trying to hook up my AXE FX ULTRA with an ART SLA2 power Amp . But have no clue on how to get output and the correct cables . Banana plugs ? Any help would be awesome . Thanks very much ! Rob
addedc
addedc
That was a long time ago, Rob. I think I had to take one end off a speaker cable and put a banana plug on it to go into the Art. Hope that helps.
unix-guy
unix-guy
You can get 1/4" to banana plug adapters. That's what I used with my SLA-2.
Reactions: addedc
addedc
addedc
Wish I had known that at the time.
Top Bottom