ZZ TOP: THAT LITTLE OL' BAND FROM TEXAS

These guys are royalty here in the Lone Star State, especially with musicians. I’ve been listening to them since before I started playing guitar, and that’s a long time!

These guys are royalty here in the Lone Star State, especially with musicians. I’ve been listening to them since before I started playing guitar, and that’s a long time!
I'm a product of my age and have to admit that I really didn't know much about them before MTV introduced me to Eliminator... But over the years I've obviously heard more of their prior stuff, too.

They've definitely evolved but done a great job of keeping a "core" style that is all their own.

I've always appreciated when I've seen or read interviews with Billy that he was constantly pushing the boundaries of tone and trying new things.

They've definitely evolved but done a great job of keeping a "core" style that is all their own.

I'd agree in that even their newer albums are undeniably ZZ Top, with whatever production improvements have happened along the way. And I don't mean that they're cheating. It's just ZZ Top that I still enjoy for the same reasons but even-better-sounding..

Back
Top Bottom