Zoom Q8

pima1234

Fractal Fanatic
Just got the Zoom Q8. So far, it looks like the solution I was looking for, both for my and my wife's plans. A nice, easy, compact solution.

I plan to use a lavalier mic, which can be phantom powered. But, I also plan to run 1 output of the Axe FX into the other channel. This will be a great way to get a clear, direct signal, without a lot of ambient noise (something I can even use when my wife and kids are asleep to make demos, etc.).

My question is; Can I use the phantom power without damaging the Axe FX? The Zoom only has the ability to use it globally (for both chan 1 & 2). The same question could be asked for any interface that supplies phantom power globally, for that matter.

If not, I can always power the mic with a battery.

Thanks.

As someone who does a good deal of A/V work, I avoid phantom power when possible. This is me just being afraid. You recognize that it's possible to damage the Axe Fx. Yikes! Not worth it to me. But again, I'm a phantom power wimp. I'd use the battery. Not worth the risk IMO.

I didn't think it could, but I wanted to check.

So far, so good! Everything works great. The Q8 is very good.

Looking forward to making a little video demo of one of my guitars and some new strings I promised I'd review tomorrow (really, it's my first).

Back
Top Bottom