Zero Glide Nuts

Don't go there it is a terrible idea. The zero fret design is perfectly ok if done well but it almost never is. Issues start with pings when the string moves across the zero fret and this gets worse as the fret develops groves from the strings. The ONLY zero fret that works compliantly is the one on Vigier. What's wrong with the existing nut?

vigier-excalibur-special-hsh-trem-mn-large-5-157906.jpg
This has steel fret pieces , a guide nut that you need to get the one for the exact string gauges you're using and it still needs a damper behind.
Yes this works but it is a far cry from the one you link. In truth the only real advantage of a zero fret is a perfect first fret action but you could just get a half decent tech to cut a bone nut (or the existing one) correctly.

The tuning stability on the guitar isn’t as good as I would like it. It has the factory corian nut on it. Also the open G string sounds off to me.

Maybe I’ll see a tech about getting a bone nut instead.

Nothing wrong with corian. A bit off? how can an open string be off. Is it a poor contact? sounds to me like your existing nut needs a little attention with nut files. Corian is not known for poor tuning stability though. Do you always tune UP to pitch and only have string wrap that doesn't overlap? I find the way strings are installed and tuning practices to be the usual cause of instability.

Back
Top Bottom