Zero Glide Nut System

Swapped out the nut on a Strat a while back with a Zero Glide. The changeover was pretty easy, though I did have to experiment a bit with the different size nut-frets to get the right action. I liked the tone and feel quite a bit at first.

The problem was since the nut-fret was made of nickel silver the strings cut into it quite easily. After not too long having it installed, the strings would frequently 'ping' when bending as they popped in and out of the groove. In the end I changed back to a TUSQ nut. If they ever come out with a stainless version I'll probably give it another try.

The problem was since the nut-fret was made of nickel silver the strings cut into it quite easily. After not too long having it installed, the strings would frequently 'ping' when bending as they popped in and out of the groove. In the end I changed back to a TUSQ nut. If they ever come out with a stainless version I'll probably give it another try.
I totally forgot about the ZerO Glide Nuts untill now, and they now offer stainless steel options wich I would guess will solve the issue some people had in the pass that the regular fret that they use in time wares out.

Back
Top Bottom