Zeppelin Heartbreaker Solo

Just love the tone and playing, I cant say anything that has already been said, but what it is really
interesting here is (as somebody pointed out) that this was really THE way of playing the guitar
before Van Halen -77/78. Since then, and especially since the 80's, the metronome-like kind of
playing has came around. Nothing wrong with that, but the music was less tied to a steady pulse
before we got all the computers & production stuff. And now it turned all the way round again -
the producers are constantly searching after ways to reproduce what I call "swing" or "groove" in
the music. Even good ole' mr.Hendrix himself played "sloppy" and un-tight - but in a personal and
good way. That tells me again: Music is not all about technique, its about expression.

//Staffay

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Steadystate WAS Jimmy Page. I don't know how someone could even practice playing that solo sloppy in the right places and still keep all the phrasing and groove spot on. It'd be like trying to practice randomness. Excellent job, now please...in the spirit of all Axefx users, share the patch with everyone.

thanks,
Steve

OK. Honestly? That's freaky. How in the world did you nail that sloppy vibe? I mean, it's one thing to work on accuracy, but to be able to emulate that lazy picking... It's unbelievable. Also, the nuances - the pitches of the bends, the pace, the feedback...wow. Really, really impressive.

So, how did you do it?

Yes pre set please without any philosophical musings. It's all been done before, we just want the tone that eludes us.

I've seen this member do this solo live several times, including last night. Everyone in the room loves it, but I don't think they realize just how good it is.
The tone was ridiculous, but the feel and attitude are the key. If you handed me Michael Schenker's guitar, gave me his pick, and plugged me into his rig, I wouldn't sound like him at all.

I've spent countless hours trying to replicate the tone from my favorite recorded guitar sound (Blackest eyes from Porcupine Tree) and my attempts still sound like garbage.
Hearing what the exact rig that I have can do in proper hands confirms that it is my limitations and not the gear (not that I was ever confused about this).
Coming from someone who has tried and not yet succeeded, I really appreciate the talent on display here. It gives me this strange kind of polarity where I want to pick up a guitar and play but is depressing at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom