AFIII Presets ZenRigs Ultimate Preset Pack (including morphing presets) available NOW!

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hey there my friends! I hope you’re keeping well.

I’ve been busy beavering away over the past few months undertaking a massive reworking of the original Morphing and non-Morphing presets I created for the Axe-FX 3. This has been a massive undertaking!

I’ve taken things a big step further from the originals and created what I think is the most comprehensively thought-out template for presets I’ve seen, with the coolest tones I’ve ever had in my life. There are a bunch of presets in the pack, with one even taking some standard Fractal Factory Presets and turning them into Morphing presets, to show how easy it is to use the template to create your own Morphs! The presets are fully documented, so you can see how I’ve achieved some of the cool things I've done since original version, and they’re great to use to create your own masterpieces.

It was great to see so many people use, modify and enjoy the original presets - I hope you dig these too. The ZenRigs Ultimate Preset Pack is now available from www.ZenRigs.com

Better sound samples and videos coming soon (been out of guitar playing action temporarily following a minor surgical procedure on my hand), but a couple of vids and examples are below to give you an idea.
Ultimate Mega Splendid Preset Pack for site2.jpg

Cheers! Sukh

This is not a 'bump' (honestly) - just thought it easier to post here that reply to all the individual messages I'm getting.

Folks are interested to see the architecture of the preset and understand how it works. My hand is around 90% functioning again now so as long as I don't get sidetracked by family I'll make a little video tomorrow running through the template of the morphing preset, explain how it all works and show you how to tweak.

I've documented this all in the accompanying guide but will do this tomorrow for anyone curious. I learnt (and put into the presets) a lot of stuff while making these that I'd love to share with everyone - I hope the knowledge will be useful for others, even if the presets are not for you.

Tomorrow!
Sukh

This is not a 'bump' (honestly) - just thought it easier to post here that reply to all the individual messages I'm getting.

Folks are interested to see the architecture of the preset and understand how it works. My hand is around 90% functioning again now so as long as I don't get sidetracked by family I'll make a little video tomorrow running through the template of the morphing preset, explain how it all works and show you how to tweak.

I've documented this all in the accompanying guide but will do this tomorrow for anyone curious. I learnt (and put into the presets) a lot of stuff while making these that I'd love to share with everyone - I hope the knowledge will be useful for others, even if the presets are not for you.

Tomorrow!
Sukh

Sukh, Someone is posting your presets on AXE Change.
@Admin M
@FractalAudio

Sukh.png

Thanks to all that have privately emailed me as well to let me know and have also reported it to Fractal without me knowing. It definitely is not cool :-(

I've emailed the guy as well - who legitimately bought these from me.

If anyone has downloaded them, it would be lovely if you either did the right thing and delete them or please purchase them legitimately through ZenRigs.com

Months of work went into creating these. I'm gobsmacked.

Sukh

Hi all,

firstly, screw presets, I hope you are all safe and healthy and looking after those you need to look after. It's a crappy time we're about to go through - but we'll get through it together.

Right! Onto this little episode. Thank you thank you thank you to everyone that has emailed and messaged me (outside of here) to alert me to the fact that someone had shared my commercial presets on Axe Change. I hadn't been online in a couple of days due to some family stuff that needed my attention, so I really appreciated the contact from some really very cool folks.

The chap that shared these had legitimately bought these from ZenRigs and I'd had a few emails with him back and forth as he couldn't work out how to import presets into his Axe FX. I pointed him to the user manual and also told him what he needed, as well as suggest he contact Fractal Support to ensure there wasn't something awry, as the import process is not even remotely complicated.

When I was alerted to this today, I contacted him immediately asking him to take the presets down and he seemed confused, saying he hadn't shared anything, and that he'd look into it when he properly woke up. I don't think he fully understood what he'd done until I pointed out that as nearly 50 people (at that time) had downloaded it for free, this was nearly £1,000 in value to me. As ZenRigs is now my only source of income (having had to quit my day job last year to focus on helping a family member with life-changing health issues), this was a big deal. His response (drenched in shock) and subsequent attempts to contact Fractal directly make me believe that he unwittingly uploaded the presets to Axe Change, thinking he was somehow loading them into his Axe FX III.

Now, I personally cannot understand how you would NOT know you're uploading into a facility to exchange free presets (backed up by the very clear warnings before you upload about what it's for and what you cannot do - i.e. share commercial stuff), but my generally sunny disposition and choice to see the good in people makes me believe he did this unwittingly, and not out of malice.

I have let Fractal know this too, as I'm hoping they can make him understand the error of his ways, show him how to import presets (!) and continue to take part in the forum. I bear him no ill will - and I'd ask that you also just let him be when (if) he returns to the forum.

For those that got the presets for free, well, happy morphing I guess. Oh, and go donate some food to a food bank and we're all square.

Cheers! Sukh

p.s. Thanks @Admin M@ for taking the buggers down quickly.

Last edited:
  1. These presets are AWESOME. They're versatile, sit perfectly in the mix, and there are a million cool tones in the range between the extremes. BUY THEM.
  2. Sukh is wonderful. I've had the pleasure of sharing a pint or two (who keeps count?) with him over dodgy late-night kebab, and over the best Indian food in London. He's a top shelf gentleman, and he plays guitar like a wizard (minus the funny hat).
  3. If you downloaded those presets, kindly do as Sukh asks. As musicians, we're all family. Let's be good to each other.

Hi Sukh,
I’ve been struggling to get my guitar tone cut through the band mix. The sound of the Brown Sound morphing patch from ZenRigs that I use now, does that perfectly. At low volume you might think it’s too muddy, but at band volume my guitar tone is right there to be heard. Great.

And the morphing trick: it’s so handy. Just step on the expression pedal to get to full overdrive or sometimes even better, stepless from clean to your solo sound or something in the middle. Great.

The morphing presets are so clever!

Wow Leon - thanks so much for taking these for a spin and for taking the time to do this - very very cool!

Leon has kindly shared with me the preset he tweaked for himself using the ZenRigs pack (basically using his choice of amp and effects, tweaked to his liking), which is the preset he has demo'd in his video. I'll be including this as a free bonus preset in the pack, once FW 12.08 has been finalised and released, which was at Leon's suggestion. What a dude :)

For anyone that buys the preset pack now (or has already bought it), I'll send you his preset for free once I've updated the main pack. As you can imagine, it sounds wonderful, and just goes to show how easy it is to use the presets I've created as a template for quickly and easily creating your own killer morphs.

Thanks again Leon!
Sukh

Just to let you all know :) I purchased the "ZenRigs_Ultimate_Preset_Pack" from ZenRigs.
I'll have to say I was knocked out. Right out of the BOX these patches where amazing. The Tones are amazing. The levels were consistent. I absolutely love the Morphing Presets....
The most important thing I could say about the ZenRigs_Ultimate_Preset_Pack is that ZenRigs doesn't just give you patches and say here you go good luck. Zenrigs Give detailed instructions on how to tweak and make the patches fit your system.. If you buy these patches you will get a lot of mileage and learn a few things on the way.. Thank you ZenRigs for your great Work :).

Just purchased. Hope it helps offset some of the lost revenue from the folks that downloaded them. I look forward to learning a few new tricks I can use to improve my own presets after looking them over....

Sukh, Would you know if these run on FM3 ?
thank you

Hi! Sadly, no my friend, as they use 2 amp blocks and are CPU intensive.

I’m hoping, at some point, to be able to borrow an FM3 from someone and have a crack at creating something specifically for it though. Will keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom