Zendrive + AC15TB

I can't check at the moment but that doesn't seem completely unreasonable. Scene 1 has a very specific lead in mind, while 0dB is what I treat as normal volume. Also know that I had an external overdrive pedal while I was using Scene 1, so that may have been compressing my gain to just 3-5dB over 0.

On the other hand, as I said, I think I created this patch before Q2, which might have an effect on overall volume since it hasn't been tweaked for Q2. Either way, just simply turn things down as needed in your setup.

Excellent sounds.

Thanks!!

Here's a fun preset using a Hermida Zendrive ("Zen Master") into an analog-style delay, into a Vox AC-15 Top Boost ("Class A 15W TB") amp / Morgan AC-20 1x12 cab (factory #119).

I programmed two scenes:
  • Scene 1: Lead/Chime. This has some thick delays, Multidelay Plex Shift and reverb.
  • Scene 2: Rhythm. Main delay turned off. A scene controller brings the mix and feedback down in the other verbs/delays/etc.
Here's a sample recording using 4 layers all from this preset. The lead part is the humbucker in my Godin SD SSH on Scene 1, the chime is pup position 4 also on Scene 1. The chunky parts are back to the humbucker and Scene 2, using a couple different real-world drive pedals to boost the Zendrive.

And here's the song that inspired the patch:

Wow, great song - this is going on our setlist very soon! And going to use that patch too, man!

Great patch. Thanks so much for sharing. Do you have any other worship settings for any popular songs? Just got my AX8 and just managing by with basic presets so far.

Thank you for this. I used it this morning for my whole set. I added a volume block for swells and a filter block for a boost but otherwise untouched. Played my G&L semihollow ASAT Special and my sound guy loved it. Maybe my favorite preset I've used since I acquired the AX8.

Here's a recording of how I used this patch on Sunday. I'm playing swells/leads. Most of the song I have the drive block disengaged. Rolled back the tone knob to darken it up on the first half of the bridge. Kicked on the drive toward the end of the bridge and added a 3db filter boost for the instrumental section.

Hi philipacamaniac,

I am a new Fractal AX8 convert, having owned an analog board for many years. My next step was to go midi, but looking at the price of the AX8 and converting to midi, it seemed like more sense to go AX8. I used this patch on three songs Sunday and it was fantastic. Played it on Revelation Song using a lot of open string voicings, finger picked some parts, used middle position of Tele then bridge. For a four chord song I was able to get a lot of different sounds. The guy who ran the board complimented my sound today too, which has never happened before, but seems to be a common theme here on fractal forums. Thanks so much for sharing this!

Here's a fun preset using a Hermida Zendrive ("Zen Master") into an analog-style delay, into a Vox AC-15 Top Boost ("Class A 15W TB") amp / Morgan AC-20 1x12 cab (factory #119).

I programmed two scenes:
  • Scene 1: Lead/Chime. This has some thick delays, Multidelay Plex Shift and reverb.
  • Scene 2: Rhythm. Main delay turned off. A scene controller brings the mix and feedback down in the other verbs/delays/etc.
Here's a sample recording using 4 layers all from this preset. The lead part is the humbucker in my Godin SD SSH on Scene 1, the chime is pup position 4 also on Scene 1. The chunky parts are back to the humbucker and Scene 2, using a couple different real-world drive pedals to boost the Zendrive.

And here's the song that inspired the patch:

Thank you Phillip!

Back
Top Bottom