Zeitreisende Surfer Episode 2 - Trailer

DonPetersen

Fractal Fanatic
Hey guys,

here's the brand new (finished mixing this morning) trailer for the second episode of the "Zeitreisende Surfer" ("Timetravelling Surfers") radio drama I'm producing.
Bass and guitars are all Axe of course.

Last edited:
Should've learned German. This sounds quite interesting. Dog close to the cracks me up though :) also, mad production skills Don.

Should've learned German. This sounds quite interesting. Dog close to the cracks me up though :) also, mad production skills Don.

thanks.

the dog actually has quite a few lines in the play. It'sa mixture of voice acting of a 12 year old girl (not in this trailer) and two dogs, Merlin and Solo, for all the growling and 'dog noises'. Tomorrow I have more recordings with Solo scheduled. He works really well in front of a mic if you have an old sock or something similar for him to play with and then 'wrestle' with him for his toy - he makes all kinds of great noises! :D

thanks.

the dog actually has quite a few lines in the play. It'sa mixture of voice acting of a 12 year old girl (not in this trailer) and two dogs, Merlin and Solo, for all the growling and 'dog noises'. Tomorrow I have more recordings with Solo scheduled. He works really well in front of a mic if you have an old sock or something similar for him to play with and then 'wrestle' with him for his toy - he makes all kinds of great noises! :D
what microphones do you use? And how do you Mic up a dog considering the fact that they like to make noises that aren't part of the acting and not staying still?

what microphones do you use? And how do you Mic up a dog considering the fact that they like to make noises that aren't part of the acting and not staying still?

I usually bring a Neumann, a Rode and a SE Electronics, these give me quite a few options to accomodate different voices.

Also I always carry my '(not so) secret weapons' - 2 inexpensive Zoom H2 recorders. I set these up for room sound mostly, or use them for field recording. I case of Solo I'll probably mic hin with two condensers and one Zoom in surround and one Zoom handheld by my assistant. This should cover enough area, so that I can fight with him over the sock and get a good sounding recording from at least one mic.

We should take pictures for the making of! :)

Back
Top Bottom