ZAPPA

Just watched it... Powerful stuff!

I can't claim to be a Zappa aficionado although I am familiar with some stuff and know many who are big fans.

"Well, there's no accounting for taste..." - FZ

The Magnolia Website says that the movie is available on Amazon, but not in the german Amazon. Does anybody know a european streaming platform where the movie is available?

The Magnolia Website says that the movie is available on Amazon, but not in the german Amazon. Does anybody know a european streaming platform where the movie is available?
My understanding is they are still working that out. Hopefully very soon.

My understanding is they are still working that out. Hopefully very soon.
OK, thanks, I am really looking forward to it! And one more time congratulations to you for being part of this. Maybe one day you could initiate another monumental documentary which covers all aspects of Zappas incredible Guitar Playing ;) . Anyway my favorite Guitar Players of all times are Holdsworth, Zappa, McLaughlin, Akkerman (not everything of him, but listen to Streetwalker, one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard in my life). Or as as Zappa Fan this song for me is in the same league like Zappas Zoot Allures. My all-time Zappa favorite together with The torture never stops (both from the Zoot Allures Album).

I’m watching this tomorrow!

Had 2 near misses with Zappa.
I was a 15 year old kid obsessed with Frippertronics in 1975. Had 2 TEAC 4channel reel to reels. Someone hired me to record this band in Salt Lake City. Best musicians I’d ever heard. Turned out to be Air Pocket with Tom and Bruce Fowler.

Ended up joining the band a year later after the Fowler brothers left to go play with Zappa. I was WAY out of my league.

Also, according to legend, on what ever it is they write in on up there, I lived in Steve Vai’s former dorm room at Berklee.

Did see a Zappa Halloween show at the Paladium in NYC with a five foot bottle of Nitrous Oxide on a hand truck, but that’s a different story.

Hope y’all had a chance to see the Zappa Movie..here is an amazing YouTube that goes very deep into various aspects of Zappa’s musical genius, rhythmic complexities and
Conceptual Continuity ….VERY interesting dive …including FZ ‘s Fractal connection (the Mandelbrot, not the AxeFx)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom