Yup! Another GCP Scene Selection Questions

Satch4u3

Experienced
Hi guys,

I hate top beating a dead horse here as I have read a lot of threads on this but I still cannot get this to work.

I have all the settings on the Axe 2 setup as stated in these threads. Ignore Redundant PC and Mapping Mode set to custom. I am just testing with random preset number 37. So I have my custom mappings set like this

set mapping mode to Custom
map from preset 37
map to preset 37
map to scene 1
Then
map from preset 38
map to preset 37
map to scene 2
Then
map from preset 39
map to preset 37
map to scene 3
Then
map from preset 40
map to preset 37
map to scene 4

When I go to my GCP and select 1 through 4, it's calling up presets like this.

1. Preset 37 Scene 1
2. Preset 38 Scene 1
3. Preset 38 Scene 2
4. Preset 38 Scene 3

What am I missing here. I have triple checked my custom mappings and it's as I stated above. Your help would be great appreciated!

I actually read this thread when I was initially digging around but I still couldn't get it to work. So what your saying is go into Expanders and turn on vca. This then gives me the vca option when setting up my GCP preset. So I set it like this on the GCP for example:

PC: 37
vca: 07 (In the thread link you provided you indicated the vca value of 07 would select scene 2?)
Is that it for the GCP setup setup? or am I leaving something out
Do I keep the setting on the Axe fx 2 the same? Ignore redundant PC and Mapping mode to Custom?

So what your saying is go into Expanders and turn on vca

Yes

The GCP uses channel 16 for the VCA function and midi cc is 07,
if you use the Afx on midi omni mode it will be able to receive any message midi and easy setup.
Change scene select cc number to 07.
You can use the function Ignore Redundant PC or not,depends on how you want to react Afx.
And do not use Custom Mapping Mode.

Thanks for the response Zex. Really appreciate you sticking with me on this.

So I changed the Axe's midi channel to Omni and enabled VCA on the GCP as you suggested but it is still behaving in the same way that it was before.

It's selecting:
1. Preset 37 Scene 1
2. Preset 38 Scene 1
3. Preset 38 Scene 2
4. Preset 38 Scene 3

I find it odd that the last three program changes are going through the scenes properly except it's not the intended patch. I may have to just work with it in this way.

Hi Satch4u3
gave it a try and here it works fine, I'm in 4 preset per bank mode......did it from PC 40 to 43 wich is A1 to A4 in that bank mode
mapped it to 37 scene 1 to 4 and it works fine......
sounds like you are in 10 presets per bank?

Hi saturate68,

I am using the GCP in 4 preset per bank mode. Here is what I have. I just tried what you had there.

On the GCP I have 1 to 4 setup to send PC as: Preset 1 - 40, Preset 2 - 41, Preset 3 - 42, Preset 4 - 43

On the Axe, I have PROG CHANGE ON, MAPPING MODE CUSTOM, IGNORE REDUNDANT PC and the following setup for custom Mappings:

map from preset 40
map to preset 37
map to scene 1

map from preset 41
map to preset 37
map to scene 2

map from preset 42
map to preset 37
map to scene 3

map from preset 43
map to preset 37
map to scene 4

Here is what is happening when I scroll through presets 1 to 4 on the GCP. The axe jumps to:

Preset 38, Scene 3 when selecting 1 on the GCP
Preset 38, Scene 1 when selecting 2 on the GCP
Preset 38, Scene 2 when selecting 3 on the GCP
Preset 38, Scene 3 when selecting 4 on the GCP

Makes no sense! haha

Thanks for the response Zex. Really appreciate you sticking with me on this.

So I changed the Axe's midi channel to Omni and enabled VCA on the GCP as you suggested but it is still behaving in the same way that it was before.

It's selecting:
1. Preset 37 Scene 1
2. Preset 38 Scene 1
3. Preset 38 Scene 2
4. Preset 38 Scene 3h

I find it odd that the last three program changes are going through the scenes properly except it's not the intended patch. I may have to just work with it in this way.

You check your device program change start on GCP?

My display offset and midi pc offset on Axe set to 0
And GCP starts to 00

That did it! Strange that it would behave that way with both devices set to start at 01. Odd.

Thanks Zex! And thank you as well saturate68!

Back
Top Bottom