YUP! 9.0 Kicks some serious ass!

Thanks guys, glad you dig it!

Jethro - Thanks man! I didn't use my seven string for this one, it's a Les Paul tuned to Drop C.

Spufuz - Absolutely, I'll try posting the patch this weekend.

So after a few hours with 9.0, here are my initial observations (feel free to chime in!):
- The feel!!!!! 8.0 was a huge step up in terms of mimicking the feel/responsiveness of a real amp...but 9.0 just nails it. It has that 'connection' that you have when playing a cranked tube amp.
- Compression - Most of my patches prior to 9.0 had a compressor in the chain, when I first used one of my patches on 9.0 it felt like it was squashing the distorted signal too much.....bypassed the compressor, and bam....dynamics AND the punch.
- For whatever reason, the amp models seem much more authentic to the amp with this release, and when auditioning amps on the fly you can really tell how very different they sound from one another.
- Seems like the Axe II boots up a bit quicker.

Can't wait to have some more time to dabble more with the new features!

Santa, pour yourself a beer, kick up your feet and take the year off, I have my Christmas present. :)

Santa, pour yourself a beer, kick up your feet and take the year off, I have my Christmas present. :)[/QUOTE]

!Ha! No kidding! I remember as a kid wishing every day could be Christmas!! Well never let go of your dreams! Sometimes the really happen!!!:)!!!

It's funny, last night I had that look ,you know the mischievous look, like you are about to spend a bunch of money, I know you all know what I'm talking about. Anyway my wife sees this, and she starts to freak out a little, she's like, what did you buy, I know you bought something. So after repeated reassurances that I didn't buy anything, I finally tell her that they released a new firmware, and she says I knew it, I knew it was something. I just think that's its hilarious, that she knows me that well. So no I didn't buy anything yesterday, but I sure did get something yesterday that makes me very, very happy.

I just cranked this through my QSC K12's and it kicks some serious ass!!!! That is the most ball busting riff and tone I've heard in a very long time! I still have to wait for the new axe edit to come out before i install 9.0. But this really has me thinking screw it.Just do it.

Heavy!!! That last riff is "punch a baby in the face!" HEAVY!!! LOL, not that I would actually do that. I came up with this heavy riff one time and my drum was singing "punch a baby in the face!" and doing air guitar while humming the riff LMAO.

sweet, but yeah need axe edit to upgrade, Im just too dependent on it to break me back bending over the front plate, also cant see all my computer stored presets, sooooooooon please, great sound.

Back
Top Bottom