Anyone else wish Marshall and Mesa would starting making rack amps again?
Yeah, it seems a lot of rack amps went away after the Bradshaw-style rig era. I think there’s a market for them now with the popularity of modelers.

These guys sounded amazing as I just saw them in Detroit last Sunday. To be playing an outside stadium and sounding just like the record is pretty telling as how awesome the AXE 3 really is.

My guess is it’s the same IR of whatever Engl cab he is using. That would make the most sense, but idk. It’s hard to get any details about their JMP-1 or cab settings from Fractal directly, but maybe they don’t know the specifics.

Best power amp I ever owned was my old EL34 100/100. Weighed a ton and sounded like it too.

That ear lobe though, kind of reminds me of something..............

I am using the following YA IR's with great success in getting the Diamond Star Halos tone:

YA FDMN Blend Mix 13, FDMN Blend Mix 14, FDMN Blend Mix Fred and FDMN M25 121-2.

Translates real well with the JMP Preamp Sim and Friedman BE100.

Just bought the cab pack sounds awesome! Any idea what mixes/mic combos they’re using?
I am not exactly sure we don't have artist created presets/packs for many of the live set ups going on. This would be a great idea. Many of the bands have custom setting created and this would be a great addition to see how folks are setting up their touring rig.

It is astonishing to me how good Def Lep sounds live. And the fact that the audience is hearing ALL Axe III just blows my mind.

The Marshall 9200's are just so they can power some cabs below the stage to hear/feel the sound better. 😮

I have the same Marshall Power amp in that picture. It's the absolute balls!
I don't however like lugging it around, so it stays in the house. They're awesome, but way too heavy to gig with (for me).

I do however, wish that Cliff would take me up on my offer to borrow my Marshall 100/100 to properly model with the JMP-1 preamp.
The pair together is something special.

Back
Top Bottom