YT: Axe-Fx Mesa for Metal Shootout!

Cool shootout.:D I prefer the Mesa Boogie Road King. More "dirty" and "savage" to me. But all this sounds pretty subjective IMHO.

I think the Mark IV is killer! Clark get an AXE-FX II and make a preset like that for the II and I would love you forever :)

What cab did you use? Custom IR resulting of tone matching?

Hey man, really nice work... have you ever tried eq matching using a stock cab, then adjusting the eq curve in ozone to do a rough match and then manually set PEQs in the axe fx? Just wondering if you have or what your results were..

Yea I've done that but I got in to some issues because of some of the stock cabs have high and low passes and the matched tone did not so it couldn't EQ them back etc. Anyways... the cab block without drive is just an IR which is EQ? Right? So then there's at least no use of having it there.

Yea I've done that but I got in to some issues because of some of the stock cabs have high and low passes and the matched tone did not so it couldn't EQ them back etc. Anyways... the cab block without drive is just an IR which is EQ? Right? So then there's at least no use of having it there.

yeah i agree, i was only asking to see if it could be used routinely to negate the need for having a custom IR.

btw, sorry man i couldnt really decide which amp was the best. The clip kinda made me imagine a bunch of guitarist heavyweights jamming together

Well it's really nothing too special. Match EQ and then I just EQ it to get it as flat as possible... I'm kinda obsessed with getting guitar tones flat. The flatter the guitar tone is the louder you can get it in a mix. Also the more room it takes in a mix so you have to EQ it to fit a certain mix afterwards but that's the whole point. I want an IR that can be made to work in all situations.

I thought you got rid of the AXE and went to Overloud and real amps (?), but whatever that was, they all sounded really good. Anyway, fwiw, I liked the Mark IV best, probably because I've owned two of them before going digital and I prefer Mark tones. The H&K sounded good too.

Edit: I just saw your thread about getting another Axe (haven't read it yet)....welcome back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom