youtube vid removed

pima1234

Fractal Fanatic
So, made a brief demo of a guitar I have for sale, uploaded it to YT late last night, only to get an e-mail very early this morning that it was flagged and removed.

The video contained the name JVM OD2. Makes me wonder if someone from Marshall flagged it! lol

I don't care though. I'll make another. It's the mark on my account that bugs me.

Anyone else have this happen?

Then again, it could just be a troll. Or maybe I sucked that bad! LOL!

Last edited:
Was it actually removed or just flagged? Anyone can flag a video anonymously, but it won't actually be removed unless it violates YouTube's guidelines. Were you playing any copyrighted music in the demo of your guitar? That's about the only reason I could see for your video being removed after being flagged.

Removed

No copyrighted music at all.

Must have been a troll, but I wouldn't put it past Marshall, either.

even with covers if you put up that it's for teaching purposes etc they'll usually leave it alone. strange that your vid got hit...i don't think Marshall could have it removed just because you mentioned the name of their amp.

Removed

No copyrighted music at all.

Must have been a troll, but I wouldn't put it past Marshall, either.

I see a lot of vids with "JVM OD2" in the title.

Somehwere or another, Youtube should tell you who the complaint/takedown was from.

That, and my perpetual nudity... I knew there was a reason.

On a side note, after appealing my wonderfully crappy video, Youtube reinstated it. Oh, and my account is now in good standing again!

It is to laugh.

So, you can all go view my for sale listing now and see all my videos. I'm secretly a master of marketing. And, you don't know that I'm not naked in them until you watch. Bwa ha ha!

Another reason why this forum is better: On jazzguitar.be, a moderator has to approve For Sale posts. I get it, but what a pain. I didn't even know when my listing was posted. Oh, and I don't believe we can edit our posts over there.

As a YouTuber myself with 132,000 subscribers, 1 single flag from some random troll can't do that at all. For a video to be removed from YouTube that does not violate the major rules like nudity, animal abuse, racism, etc, it has to be from somebody who owns a patent or copyright of some sort. If it were that easy for 1 single troll to remove a video, none of the popular YouTubers would have any video's left!

So if it was removed right away from a single source, it has to be somebody who owns a copyright to something in the video or the title and does not want it on YouTube for one reason or another. I know it makes a strike on your account, but you can always appeal it.

I won the appeal.

It really must have been Marshall then. That would be pretty aggressive on their part though.

I'm not sure that it would be in Marshall's interests, unless they were objecting to a simulation, but it's a bit late for that. More likely a troll or a mistake

It just has to be. They were quick about responding to the appeal, thankfully. And to think, I was going to try and do better videos! lol

Back
Top Bottom