YouTube question

Well maybe if CD's weren't so extremely overpriced people would buy them more. Seriously, how long have they been around, and they're still the same as they were 30 years ago, and the same price. DVD's have improved, why not CD's? There's plenty of info on your friendly web about it, and that we all take advantage of, and some businesses pay dearly for. Has Lars Ulrich lost any $$$ since his run in with Napster?
People share there music on sites like Youtube, can you honestly say you've never downloaded shared tablature without paying for it?
I'm not going to debate this any further, you worry about you and let me worry about me. If you want a political discussion or have a moral issue take it up with your congressman or clergy and stop bothering me about it. @Sonofiam

Good day
Ya mad bro? Seriously dude, lighten up. Sorry if I hit a nerve but none of what I said was a personal attack against you. As I said, do what you want, I really couldn't care less what you do. All I did was state my opinion regarding the ethics of downloading copyrighted material from the internet. At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinion and principles they live by. Just don't expect others with different opinions or principles than yours to just sit back and be quiet.

Ideally if you download music and you want to have it, not stream it from something like Spotify, you should pay the artist. We're all artists here, we put a lot of effort into our music, it would be nice to get compensated for that if people like our product. Too bad that buying the CD means you mostly pay the record label in which case the artists usually gets a pittance. Also ideally when you buy the music that should mean that for personal use you can use it however you want. So if I want to rip my bought CD's to make MP3's for on my phone I should not have to deal with copy right protection and be forced to buy MP3's separately. Or whatever new media carrier they come up with in the future. So again ideally one should be able to obtain a license for life from the artist to own his or her music for personal use in whatever form technology will bring us.

@Muad'zin Hmm interesting, and record labels are the biggest crooks in the world. Anyway, I got a good a deal on internet for my apartment so I don't have to go downstairs 7 floors to get WiFi anymore, So the downloader isn't needed anymore. As Ned Kelly would say; C'est la Vie. Thanks to those that helped me, much appreciated :).

downloading a youtube video takes away the views from that creator. money aside, it reduces the popularity of the video and keeps it from being recommended to others, as well as not increasing the view count which helps the creator as well.

downloading a youtube video takes away the views from that creator. money aside, it reduces the popularity of the video and keeps it from being recommended to others, as well as not increasing the view count which helps the creator as well.

I see it more like making sure I will still have that video, in case either the original creator or the Youtube Gods decides to take it down. Wouldn't be the first time that happened. And sometimes you know you're watching something copyrighted so get it while you can. And you can still watch it online knowing you also have it on your HDD, just in case. And sometimes I need it, like a zumba choreography, so I can watch it in a place to practice where there is no wifi. The one think however I will never do, I'm very strict on that, is re-upload a vid as my own. That's the uber scumbag move.

Also how much ad revenue does a creator still get when I watch that video with adblockers on?

Back
Top Bottom