Youtube Challange from a Ticked Off Non-Fractal Dude. (not me)

I could not help but reply to his video as well.

"Seems like a strange approach to insult a really good company (Fractal) and an entire community of professional and semi-professional musicians with members like Steve Vai, Neil Schon, Dweezil Zappa and Alex Lifeson in a weak attempt to generate interest in your amp company. At least you could have waited until your website was running before trying this. Positive publicity typically works better in the long run. Make a good product and people will buy it."

it seems to me he also makes the faulty assumption that Fractal users have zero experience with Tubes/analog and that we don't know what we are all talking about. I would posit that almost every single one of us has a long history with the analog world and have made a conscious decision to go with the Axe because it is the best option.

in one of his other vids he's reviewing a Rockett od pedal into and echoplex into a fender....granted, it sounds great and hes a pretty good player, but he comments on that he's using the echoplex because he's never found anything that sounds nearly as good in the digital/pedal world. It's obviously an apples/oranges comparison, but his bias against technology is apparent.

fist the fills during the verses are pretty shitty

second- I had amplitube hendrix and it was pretty damn good better than whatever that guy did with $400

Damn I just tried to leave that guy a comment but YouTube says he's reached his comment limit for today. I'm going to try and leave the comment below:

"Check this Axe-Fx II tone out from May 2012 with firmware 6. I know it's not the same song but it sounds $2000 better than yours. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8p-jbNTRu4"

Damn I just tried to leave that guy a comment but YouTube says he's reached his comment limit for today. I'm going to try and leave the comment below:

"Check this Axe-Fx II tone out from May 2012 with firmware 6. I know it's not the same song but it sounds $2000 better than yours. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8p-jbNTRu4"

Think that was already quoted on his Youtube channel.........

Negativity isn't a great basis for a new company. I don't like the negativity people give this guy either but he was asking for it so...

Anyways, I don't think we should even get defensive. This guy is mainly talking about money which makes it seem like he can't afford the Axe-Fx and is angry because of that. That's IMO the most stupid arguement in music gear: "I sound worse than you but your gear costs more" ... yeah... isn't that the point? If you care enough to sound better you will save up for better gear. And the need to be angry at FAS is a psychological anger towards the situation of not being able to buy their products. Otherwise he shouldn't care.

PS. Jimi is LEGEND!! But I don't think his amp tone was the thing but the tone in his fingers... his amp tone would suck in this modern music industry TBH. (sorry)

/start watching AirBloom vid

Huh?

/watch some more AirBloom

That tone isn't the absolute worst I've heard, but....

/watch Tyler's vid

Yeah baby!

I would posit that almost every single one of us has a long history with the analog world and have made a conscious decision to go with the Axe because it is the best option.

Do you mean best option in the digital domain? Certainly not the best option as a sole tone solution, not for my needs. Granted I play low-gain. I love my AXE FX 2 (very grateful) but have no impulse, intention, desire or even thought of ditching amps or effects. If anything I am more interested in my amps and other amps. I find myself scouring CL. Even today while I have beautiful dynamic tones available direct for session work, I still setup amps and pedal boards and run mics 50%. There is just something very right about that for me. Exciting times for all of us.

I really think he just needed a reason to add Axe-FX in his video name and/or subject line so it would get picked up by google searches. Helps him get more hits for whatever reason he even wants hits.

Last edited:
... his amp tone would suck in this modern music industry TBH.

Clark, I have watched and read your post for quite some time now and honestly, you seem like a very bright young guy. Kudos to your tone matching and ir knowledge, we have all learned from your efforts. But..., do you really mean this? Maybe it is just the age difference, (I'm older than you by a good bit I imagine) but Jimi's tone transcends "guitar" tone, anything more or less wouldn't allow the soul of Jimi to be heard. I dare say, just like Stevey a few years ago, if Jimi were to burst on the scene today, even with, ...no especially with, the tone he is famous for, we would be trying to copy it just like we do today. Somethings are bigger than trends and fads, Jimi Hendrix may well be bigger today than He was then. In any event, just my opinion. Peace.

was expecting to see 1,000,000+ views judging by the furore this has caused; yeah no - it's best ignored.
it's done to provoke the internet in order to earn $.
fail.

I dare say, just like Stevey a few years ago, if Jimi were to burst on the scene today, even with, ...no especially with, the tone he is famous for, we would be trying to copy it just like we do today.

God, I would hope not. It's one thing to like the music from a certain time, but to be stuck on the tone and recording quality of an inferior technological period. No.

nobody mentioned the fact that he says "fractal users show me something better" but when someone said his tone wasn't close, he agreed and said his point wasn't to get close. So what is he asking for from a Fractal user?

I agree with the person who said he's just trolling for attention. Pointless to even comment since he's already agreed that what he has isn't that good.

Back
Top Bottom