Youtube Challange from a Ticked Off Non-Fractal Dude. (not me)

LOL to this guy.

And only could somebody like Jimi be attractive to women while reading Mad magazine...

Did anyone else catch that this guy builds and probably sells his own line of amplifiers and effects? :)

LOL...this guy is trolling for attention. Might work better if he actually produced a guitar tone somewhere in the same universe as the original...JMHO.

Its not a replication of the Hendrix tone, but I think for the overall sound, it sounds alright. Also clearly not "note for note", but a reasonable interpretation to get his point across. Problem is he's a jack-ass IMHO.

I think someone here (not me) should post a tone-accurate, note-note version just for fun There are more than enough players here with the talent.

Question is - do they have the time or even care to respond to the idiot. I'm sure we all have better things to do.

I will be the first to chime in here and say that while the tone could be a whole lot worse, it's not that great either. In fact, it kind of sucks other than the fact that it cuts and we can hear it through the mix.

What I don't get is why this guy seems to think that Fractal users are somehow a threat to tube amps, and why he's taking it so personally that he decided to record a shitty rendition of a Jimi Hendrix tune that everybody and their dog has heard a million times. then again - people are somewhat weird.

He's silly. And shaking his fist at the wind, tilting at windmills. Doesn't bother me one bit, but he doesn't impress one bit either.

I admit I succumbed and had to comment over there even though I know that it's a ruse. Couldn't help it :)

In all honesty, I thought his tone was decent but not something I would use as some kind of example of (good) tone.

in all honesty, no, i am not surprised he got this tone with 400 worth of equipment....i could get that tone with a pod, or a digitech rp, or a cheap od pedal into a entry level tube amp.....it's just OK, there is not special about it.

i couldn't help commenting either....when i talked about there being no footage of him actually playing he said he didn't use camcorder audio anymore since he had graduated to expensive mics and preamps, etc....what a tool. (and i'm guessing those expensive mics and preamps run the actual cost of gear to record this crap well over 400....)

in all honesty, no, i am not surprised he got this tone with 400 worth of equipment....i could get that tone with a pod, or a digitech rp, or a cheap od pedal into a entry level tube amp.....it's just OK, there is not special about it.

i couldn't help commenting either....when i talked about there being no footage of him actually playing he said he didn't use camcorder audio anymore since he had graduated to expensive mics and preamps, etc....what a tool. (and i'm guessing those expensive mics and preamps run the actual cost of gear to record this crap well over 400....)

I get the impression he has never actually used an Axe Fx II and has no experience with one. It seems he probably has pod experience and so is making the leap that all modelers are the same (because all amps are the same, aren't they?)

Right now he is working his way through the how to sell against a modeler playbook. He just posted a video response in support of amp touch sensitivity to which I encouraged him to try an Axe Fx II with firmware 11. I hope he does, though - because then we can see his next video responses out of that playbook which would undoubtably be titled "amps have mojo" and "tubes are magical".

Back
Top Bottom