You're in for a treat!

Sixstring

Legend!
So it's been almost a year since I took delivery of my FM9. I figured it's time to post a review. For those that have been waiting because of chip shortages you will be the lucky ones as the new design frees up an additional 10% of horsepower!

For me this unit has been rock solid, a few minor issues early on with firmware but were resolved rather quickly given the COVID issues. Aside from that it has exceeded my expectations and has delivered in spades! When the FM9 was announced I was running an FM3 with an FC6 and was thinking about moving to an Axe FX III for the extra power, when I received my invite I decided to take a chance go this route instead.

I am so glad I did... I find that everything I have dialed up short of massively complex presets run with no issues. The way the foot switches are laid out makes things easy to use without having to look down. For a floor board unit I can't think of anyway to make it better, the custom layouts and ability to setup buttons where you want was brilliant!

After almost a year I have no regrets whatsoever, I couldn't be more content with a piece of gear in my life. I think that FAS has really dialed in their platform with having the ability to run the same algorithms across the different units and really knocked it out of the park with the FM9! FAS has made a solution for anyone and I can't think of anything else I would need. Of course that could all change so I'm not dead set on never moving to something else they might have to offer in the future.

After 15 years (at the time of this post) of using FAS products as a hobbyist one might think I'm a little biased maybe I am. I maynot be a pro touring musician but I have been around the block enough to know what's good to use and what's not. I will say that I know when something is worth using and FAS products in my book are the best that the modeling world has to offer or I just wouldn't say it.

Great post. I'm fortunate to have one of the original FM nines. I’m so stoked that everybody else gets to play soon.

I have no reason to upgrade, it was worth more to have it then it was to pawn it off for a high dollar. This thing is awesome 👍🏾!

third Fractal processor, sixth Fractal product (without counting T-shirts), many more purchases to come hopefully. By the way, we need some new T-shirt designs.

Had an AxeFx2, Ax8, FM3, now I have san AxeFx3 and a FM9 turbo, and I have never been happier. The only downside is there is no reason to have GAS anymore😩😩. Well, on the plus side, since I dont have GAS anymore I have a happier wife😇

Had an AxeFx2, Ax8, FM3, now I have san AxeFx3 and a FM9 turbo, and I have never been happier. The only downside is there is no reason to have GAS anymore😩😩. Well, on the plus side, since I dont have GAS anymore I have a happier wife😇
WRONG Now the GAS has shifted to guitars! Guitar Acquisition Syndrome!

I have 20 hangin on my walls. Starting to downsize a lil bit
Ha! Well I guess you are going to be burdened with less which is not such a bad thing! I have never been much of a guitar collector but would love to put a few more fiddles on my wall just to round out the options, a Tele and a hollow body of some sort and I would be happy!

Back
Top Bottom