Your thoughts on the new SVT model

BrownNote71

Inspired
I've got a 3 on the way, in the meantime I thought I'd kick this forum back up with a question:

What is the difference in your words between the new SVT and the older SVT model. How do you describe how the two models sound, feel, and react?

With the older model and my previous units, I struggled to get a very...round tubey sound without getting too much gain going. It sounds like the new model is different enough that it substantially changed how patches sound, and many of you requested that Cliff add the old model back in (awesome that he did that!).

Thanks for sharing

I’m using the SVT (through one block) in the III in my Rush cover band and it’s killer. I was using the II and that sounded great. But the III is just a tone beast. I have a Phil Jones Pre and a Helborg Pre but don’t need either with the III. Couldn’t be happier.

Well I was having a blast with the new SVT today (got my Axe-3 and FC-6 today!), but then I stumbled over to the Porta-bass model and fell in love. Used it tonight at rehearsal, everyone loved the tone and agreed it made my Lull P4 sit perfectly in the mix and pop up with great tone for the essential bass riffs.
Honeymoon for sure, but I'm in love :hearteyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom