Your thoughts on Low Res in speaker section of Amp block(Rock music)

When trying to tame bass down more, I noticed the "spike" of the Low Res in the graph. Reducing it seemed to take out what I needed. Anyone else use this or even like the idea?

Yep. This is one of the things I try first when fine tuning low end response. Depends on amp/cab combo, but I'll usually drop it somewhere between 2 and 3. Another fave is using an 85 to 95Hz low cut with a 12db filter slope in the cab block.

That & the hi freq. response are great tools for tailoring your sound. Also try adjusting the Q and/or changing the frequency as they can make a nice difference too.

Yup.
I stayed away from these because I tried to keep to the "authentic" parameters, but it does just what I need, quite often, when I'm trying to tame the bass without leaving the tone anaemic.

It's one way of like 10 ways to tame low end. But low res specifically deals with the power amp and how it will distort. In some amps, the impedance curve is a fundamental characteristic of the amps sound. If there's too much low end in a tone you're trying to get, crack the master volume from 0 up to the point where it starts to fall apart. Then go back down to where you like it. You can dime the bass knob on any amp when you've got the master barely cracked open at wife-is-home levels, basically just preamp signal.

I'm not sure I'd compromise the Master Volume sweet spot to attain wife-is-home levels. That's what the Output Level knob is for. :)

Back
Top Bottom