Your perfect guitar

Fab8040

Experienced
Hi guys...how should be your perfect guitar? I m an Ibanez guy so love the edge pro trem, Ibanez wizard 24 neck or similar with rosewood freatboard, better mahogany body with flamed top, 7 strings but.. I die for the strat clean neck position tone.. Is there something near that in the market? Is it impossibile to achieve also with today technology?
Thanks

Hi guys...how should be your perfect guitar? I m an Ibanez guy so love the edge pro trem, Ibanez wizard 24 neck or similar with rosewood freatboard, better mahogany body with flamed top, 7 strings but.. I die for the strat clean neck position tone.. Is there something near that in the market? Is it impossibile to achieve also with today technology?
Thanks
So, basically this?

Thin wide rosewood neck with jumbo frets
Mahogany body with maple cap
7 strings
HSS pickups
Edge Pro 7 trem

Yeah, you're going to have to sacrifice something. Or go entirely custom.

I would try and find a older used RG 7 string with a pickguard, and modify that with a new pickguard and HSS pickups (some minor routing work may be required for the neck pickup). That would basically give you everything besides the fancy maple top.

A custom build, some PRS, my Gibson GT and my partscaster jazzmaster is pretty sweet too.

So, basically this?

Thin wide rosewood neck with jumbo frets
Mahogany body with maple cap
7 strings
HSS pickups
Edge Pro 7 trem

Yeah, you're going to have to sacrifice something. Or go entirely custom.

I would try and find a older used RG 7 string with a pickguard, and modify that with a new pickguard and HSS pickups (some minor routing work may be required for the neck pickup). That would basically give you everything besides the fancy maple top.
Well i think is impossibile to to have that neck strat sound... Maybe the Ibanez az could be tweaked? Or maybe install something electronic like the Line6 variax to achieve that?

Well i think is impossibile to to have that neck strat sound... Maybe the Ibanez az could be tweaked? Or maybe install something electronic like the Line6 variax to achieve that?
I haven't seen any 7 string AZ series... Do they exist? They do make an HSS but those are 2-point non-locking trems and the necks are nowhere near a Wizard profile. Also I think only 22-fret.

Get a HSS setup with a good single coil in the neck. Not a high output but vintage. That’s the only way to get that sound as far as I know. A bolt on neck and longer scale play into it too from what I have read. Anyhow, that’s why I bought a Strat after all these years. For the neck tone. Single coils and P-90s make the best neck tones. Subject to opinion of course.

I haven't seen any 7 string AZ series... Do they exist? They do make an HSS but those are 2-point non-locking trems and the necks are nowhere near a Wizard profile. Also I think only 22-fret.
Yes they did.. 24 frets and the 2 point tremolo will be also a good alternative to a floyd type but as you said the neck is not as the wizard..

Get a HSS setup with a good single coil in the neck. Not a high output but vintage. That’s the only way to get that sound as far as I know. A bolt on neck and longer scale play into it too from what I have read. Anyhow, that’s why I bought a Strat after all these years. For the neck tone. Single coils and P-90s make the best neck tones. Subject to opinion of course.
Yes an hss or a split humbucker..

I have had mixed results with split buckers. John Mayer can get some fairly good Strat tones on that guitar he plays with Dead and Co. Maybe PRS is on to something.

Back
Top Bottom