Your opinion on this cabinet sound

nicolasrivera

Fractal Fanatic
This is a 3 mic set up on a 1X12 oversized Mesa Boogie Cabinet with a V30 speaker, it has a semi closed back. Mic are one SM57 and 2 condensers, on in the back and one 4inches from the center, the SM57 is on center.

Mesa boogie 5:50 plus with a PRS as the sound generators.

You will here as i mute the mic channels how all the mics sound individually.

Is this sound worth of a IR or not? Really interested in your opinions and input.

Thanks.

Sounds really good to me! Question, I assume these are Ultra res? Are these just recorded straight into your DAW? I am just wondering cause i'm curious how you would take one IR capture of multiple mics? Only way I could figure would be to run all mics into the interface and run the head phone jack to the axe to get all the summed inputs to the axe at once...

Sounds really good to me! Question, I assume these are Ultra res? Are these just recorded straight into your DAW? I am just wondering cause i'm curious how you would take one IR capture of multiple mics? Only way I could figure would be to run all mics into the interface and run the head phone jack to the axe to get all the summed inputs to the axe at once...

No, its not captured yet, this is a recording into a DAW, no post processing, just the mics as they sound with my cabinet.

You can capture multiple mics in an IR, its just a matter of having a mixer to blend them.

Only one way to know - shoot the IR and see how it sounds with the Axe.

Or shoot an IR of each mic and mix in Cab Lab. Shooting IRs is very easy with the Axe.

Last edited:
the blend sounds great I would definitely shoot it.
but I'm even more surprised at how "mark IV" sounding the 5;50 Plus is.
I did not realize you could get this type of sound out of one of those.

Back
Top Bottom