Your New Years Resolution?

My resolution...
To speak in only haikus...
I like a challenge...

Seriously though, I have resolved to embrace the difficult and uncomfortable things that make me better as a person and as a player.

Deadlift 500+lbs, bench 335+lbs, squat 405+lbs, shoulder press 180+ lbs.

Put more people on ignore.
I "liked" this about the same time I realized Cliff might already have me on ignore. :)

Work a bit less, play a bit more. Guitar and otherwise.
Prepare for a hopefully-soon retirement from the day job, when I might finally get to play as my only job.

homer-doh.jpg

Yarh, I saw it as an rather ignorant and misplaced post...

Ignorant??? Really? pretty arrogant post right there. Now I know I don't need to defend Cliff, but it's Cliffs playground... so he can pretty much ignore anyone he wants. Personally I could only imagine the amount of crap he has to put up with at FAS and here on the forum. Standing at the top of the modeling pile can not only be NOT very easy but makes you an overly hUge target. As your first New Years Resolution maybe save face and show a little couth, and offer up an apology as I hope you didn't really mean that.

LOL ..., agree

I only have one person on my ignore list... But because it tells me they have posted on the thread I am reading...but it is not displaying what they say because they are on my ignore list.... I still have to look to see it they are being a douche..... Yup

I don't really have New Year's resolutions. I try to keep pursuing the goals I established a long time ago. Keep learning, growing, improving. The next four years will be quite challenging, but I'm confident the most rewarding as well. I start a full time music production degree program with Berklee Online in less than two weeks (while continuing to work full time). I can only imagine what the musical landscape will look like on New Years Day 2019. I will be surprised if we don't have an AxeFx III or some other big game changer by then. Maybe I'll actually be able to play Eruption and Cliffs of Dover without embarrassing myself by then as well...

I bought a cheap used double neck lap steel yesterday, put one in open g and the other in c6, so I will be learning that this year. I don't do slide at all because my guitars all have really low action, so I'm excited.

Reactions: yek
My New Year's resolution is to start writing songs again. They don't even have to have words, maybe just musical pieces. I've had a Soundcloud account for years and never put anything on it. That changes this year.

Back
Top Bottom