Your New Years Resolution?

Play more guitar.
Write more songs.
Release fears, embrace my passions.
Record my songs, fully. (Not stopping at the demo stage)
....and maybe release them to the world.
Meditate regularly.
Love more fully...
Coordinate (or co-coordinate) a South Bay Area AxeFx meet-up.
Awwwww yeah!

Happy New Year everyone!

Well, I succeeded in my 2014 resolution to completely transform my diet, exercise and lose the added weight I had packed on. I'm 25 lbs. lighter than I was on Jan 1. So, that means I can hopefully make resolutions and stick with them.

In addition to being the best husband and father I can be, I would like to do more recording. With my guitars and the AxeFX you'd think I would have the perfect platform to get super creative and record. This is true, but I'm insanely self-critical. It's hard for me to simply record and have fun. I super-obsess over whether it's good enough, people will think I suck, etc.

Okay, there's one resolution. Do more recording, be creative and give a damn about what other's think about what I create. A lot of what I'm listening to nowadays is very simply drone rock, such as the band Earth (not Sabbath before Sabbath, the band from Washington). A lot of it is simple droning on a few strings and atmospheric effects. I've enjoyed that a lot. I need to stop being so self-critical and enjoy the fact that I can make recordings in my home that 20 years ago would've taken thousands of dollars at a studio.

I want to learn more songs, work on technique, improvisation, theory. So, the usual resolution I have every year when it comes to guitar.

Also, I want to finally buy the hand-wired tube amp of my dreams. Yes, I have an AxeFX plus nice monitors. I have two Atomic full range cabs. All of this is wonderful and I appreciate the fact that I'm fortunate enough to have this gear. But the past few months I've built a pedalboard and done all the mods to my Blues Jr. I find I enjoy playing through that rig a lot too. Something about the simplicity of physical knobs and the feel of a real valve amp just has an appeal to me. I've been eyeing the Tone King Sky King, Carr Rambler and various vintage Fender Princeton Reverbs. By year's end, I'm sure one of those will have a happy home with me.

Thanks Scott! Just recently sold my XL because I can't play. Hurts way too much. Hopefully I will be able to play again soon. Miss it. Been playing for 30 plus years.

I made a resolution to NOT make a new years resolutions for this year, last year. 24 hours to go, and I'll have succeeded. :)

Last edited:
Stop smoking...

images

Thanks Scott! Just recently sold my XL because I can't play. Hurts way too much. Hopefully I will be able to play again soon. Miss it. Been playing for 30 plus years.

Dude that sucks... I know what it means to not be able to use your hands for a while, too bad you had to sell your Axe. I just put the lid on mine and put my guitar in the case so it made it easier to do without it for a while. Hope you have a speedy recovery man!

My New Years Rez is to find a better job !

Mouth off on forums more, practice less, buy more guitars/amps, spend less time with the wife & make more fun of her mother, bash other people's race, religion & political leanings...........

I'm not putting a damn thing in the 'wish list' this year...

...not even a Hendy Legion or KT77 tube options.

I'm making a resolution to ignore all troll/drama threads on the many Internet forums I frequent, instead of contributing to it.

Back
Top Bottom