Your inspiring guitars?

Budda

Axe-Master
What guitar do you own that easily loses you to a few hours of playing?

For me it was my old jazzmaster or 594. Right now Im intentionally rotating through the stable to see if there can be a cull after my recent spree haha.

What guitar gets you in the zone?

I've become a hardcore Strandberg addict. They're incredibly comfortable, articulate, and feature all of the things that I love in guitars such as stainless frets and roasted maple necks. The Enduro neck is very unique so it makes it hard for me to readily suggest this guitar to anyone who's curious but for me, I love it!

Always the next one.
Joke aside, for me its my Drop C guitar (currently: Jackson HT6 Pro). I say Drop C guitar because the tuning and as a result the songs I play on it are more important to get in the zone with, than the actual guitar itself. Its super simple to dial in good & heavy presets and there are so much cool songs that this is the shortest way to happy land for me.

My Warmoth Partscaster. The neck looks just like a Jackson. Gloss Black finish with white binding, Sharktooth inlays and extra jumbo frets, but it's 59 Les Paul from there with the chunky neck, 10" radius and a Gibson scale(Warmoth Conversion). The body is a Warmoth extra light (not chambered) Swamp Ash rear routed body for two humbuckers. I got a Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge and a Dimarzio in the neck. I can't remember the model. The 2 and 4 postions of the toggle are coil tapped. A couple of years ago I put a Stetsbar trem on it. I bought the body almost 20 years ago on Ebay and put an Ibanez Roadstar neck on it. Several years later I saw the neck on eBay. The guy selling sold all the pieces to his guitar separate. I've bought over a dozen guitars since then, but I still like this one the best, making me feel foolish for buying the others.

I've become a hardcore Strandberg addict. They're incredibly comfortable, articulate, and feature all of the things that I love in guitars such as stainless frets and roasted maple necks. The Enduro neck is very unique so it makes it hard for me to readily suggest this guitar to anyone who's curious but for me, I love it!
I've got a purple Boden Original 8 on the way right now, ETA is Tuesday. It's gonna be a loooong couple of days

I was just commenting to my friend that having different guitars is so great because it forces me to play different. And with fractal, I can select entirely different presets that complement.

My Explorer has PAF style pickups and is in standard tuning. It can get heavier but it’s really at home is a swaggering Rock machine. So last night, it was Friedman and cranked Hiwatt time!

Les Paul straight into a modded Marshall, Friedman, or a Recto. I know, super unconventional.

Im also obsessed with my HH Tele for the snappier scale length.

For years it was a pair of PRS 513s. The Brazilian rosewood necks felt as comfortable as your favorite jeans. Still own and love them. But lately I’ve come under the spell of a couple of PRS hollowbody models, a McCarty HB I and a new 594 HB II. The only other guitar I’ve picked up in a while is a Taylor T5z... it looks like the HBs have it going on here!

Right now, my PRS SE Custom 22 and my G&L S-500. I'm mostly playing unplugged these days and these two always seem to find themselves out on my two stands. Even though the 513 is my go to for its variety, I like the neck on the SE better and these two have been the most inspiring to just pick up lately.

It depends on my mood more than anything else. When I'm tired/brain is fried, I'll grab my Strat. If I'm excited/giddy/pissed off it'll be my SZ in drop-C....

Lately it's just been my bass. I went two straight weeks without touching a guitar and when I finally picked one up it felt like a toy and my arms felt way too close to each other. :D

Back
Top Bottom