Your house is on fire!.....

I own a pick up so they are all coming with me along with me axe fx 3 set up ;) but if by some chance I can only grab one its my brand new JP-15 teal quilt BFR it would have to be this one but it would be a tuff call because my Caparison TAT II dark knight they only made like 21 of them.

Attachments

• JP15.png
    JP15.png
    830.6 KB · Views: 12
My 513. But since I have two hands, picking the 2nd one would be way harder...

Funny, my wife and I were having a more positive version of this conversation the other day - we're thinking of doing the RV thing next summer, and which would I bring, when space is limited? An acoustic and an electric (& AX8/FM3)? Just an acoustic for the camping thing? It'd be really hard to go for months without an electric. Do I bring my best ones, or cheaper ones that I don't care if they get too hot during the day, cold at night, etc?

EDIT to add: yes. This is a very first-world problem, especially right now.
Hi Jeff
We have a 5th wheel that we have been living in since Hurricane Michael October 10, 2018 and I have all of my studio ,racks, amps, pa and all of my guitars stored in the storage compartment it is climate controlled.
I keep an acoustic and my Really good electric guitars inside and the rest are in the hold.

A tip on your compartments and entrance door replace all the locks From CPG Rv locks because the compartments have locks that most Rv keys will fit. Talk to Crise I have no affiliation with this company but they are a good product with great customer service. I am waiting now for all the new locks to come in and then I will replace all and rekey. Then no other key will open our Rv...
There locks are not keyed like other RV locks and no other key will open your Rv locks.

We live in our Rv full time for now. So I want it secure.
Happy Camping ;):)

Hi Jeff
We have a 5th wheel that we have been living in since Hurricane Michael October 10, 2018 and I have all of my studio ,racks, amps, pa and all of my guitars stored in the storage compartment it is climate controlled.
I keep an acoustic and my Really good electric guitars inside and the rest are in the hold.

A tip on your compartments and entrance door replace all the locks From CPG Rv locks because the compartments have locks that most Rv keys will fit. Talk to Crise I have no affiliation with this company but they are a good product with great customer service. I am waiting now for all the new locks to come in and then I will replace all and rekey. Then no other key will open our Rv...
There locks are not keyed like other RV locks and no other key will open your Rv locks.

We live in our Rv full time for now. So I want it secure.
Happy Camping ;):)
Nice Fred! Thanks for the tip - and yea, being full time in it you definitely want to be secure. Do you cruise around a lot, or keep a central base to explore from? Did Michael take out your house? Sorry if so.

We've never done any RVing at all, so really don't know what we'd be getting into yet. I'd rather have something a bit smaller and easier to get around than a 5th wheel, but the tradeoff is you can take your truck a lot of places an RV can't (or shouldn't). We're out west so we want to be able to check out the National Parks, mountains, etc and preferably get into regular campgrounds instead of the big RV lots. Just kind of in the dreaming phase; looking at a year or two from now... first we'd probably try a couple rentals to get a sense of it and see if it's really for us. But full-time is another gig entirely - I'd definitely go 5th wheel for the space if I was going that route. Thanks again!

Hi Jeff Yeah Michael took our house and we’re fighting insurance. we’ve been to Louisiana, Texas, Georgia, Alabama, South Florida, Blue Ridge and that has been fun everyone is so kind and met a lot of good people.
Since the Covid thing we have been staying in the driveway.

With Hurricane season here again we are ready to leave at any time we have a plan but hope we won’t have to take off. We are still hopeful to rebuild.
The 5th wheel is great ours is 31 foot which is as big as you would want as far as ease of places to stay, Good Sams club is good to have and Passport America is something to look in took.

Our band is not playing any gigs for now which I’m good with sure will be glad when this COVID thing is over.
Stay well

Hi Jeff Yeah Michael took our house and we’re fighting insurance. we’ve been to Louisiana, Texas, Georgia, Alabama, South Florida, Blue Ridge and that has been fun everyone is so kind and met a lot of good people.
Since the Covid thing we have been staying in the driveway.

With Hurricane season here again we are ready to leave at any time we have a plan but hope we won’t have to take off. We are still hopeful to rebuild.
The 5th wheel is great ours is 31 foot which is as big as you would want as far as ease of places to stay, Good Sams club is good to have and Passport America is something to look in took.

Our band is not playing any gigs for now which I’m good with sure will be glad when this COVID thing is over.
Stay well
Fred, the insurance part of that must not be fun. Isn't that what you paid them for?

But I'm glad you're safe and have a place to be. At least if there's another hurricane, you can leave and it can't do any more damage to your property.

Since I can only take one and would have no amps, monitors, or Axe III post fire I would take the Taylor 814ce

My Axe-FX. Because A: I would lose all my old pedals and amps anyway, so I'd need something to play, B: I can build new guitars, I can't build an Axe-FX. And C: I had to sell a lot to raise the cash to get an Axe-FX. Fractal refusing to sell to Europeans directly means we have to pay a $1000 more. With all my stuff lost I have nothing to sell to get a new one.

I'd grab my Jag-Stang. Not because it's an exceptionally good guitar, (because it isn't,) but because of sentimental reasons.

(My apologies to my ESP Horizon.)

My 2000 Les Paul standard. It's my favorite, my number one. And the one guitar that feels like home to me.

Last edited:
I'd stay in the house and go down with my guitars.................

But seriously, only have 2 electrics and one acoustic. So I would grab both electrics and slowly kick the acoustic towards the door with us..............

I have 4 strats incl 2 hardtails, two les Paul’s plus a DC, and a g&l asat..all of which I am very attached to, but there is only one guitar that is irreplaceable..a 2012 les Paul standard with 4A quilted top in desert burst.. Looks, feels and plays perfect

Back
Top Bottom