Your favourite Axe-Fx 3 “stuff”?

SubKrypt

Thought it would be a fun thread for everyone to post their favourite “stuff” they’ve gotten for the Axe3. This could be anything - IRs, presets, tutorials, any accessories, anything you’ve felt was really worth while. For me, I recently got the Jens Bogran IR packs and am absolutely loving them!

YorkAudio IRs along with some Mikko Soundlab IRs. Fractal expression pedal.
FC-6 on the list to pickup, maybe an FC-12 if I'm feeling like there's money burning in my pocket

If you like watching your bank account empty out go down the IR purchasing rabbit hole, that’ll take care of any free income you have lol
Yes - I do find Mikko really expensive at 60$ Canadian for a pack. I'll generally not buy any unless they are at a good discount and I don't use that many variations (vox, marshall,mesa). The convenience is great being able to dial in an IR graphically and not having to audition file by file + the quality is good. I just worry about the plugin being decomissioned somehow and taking my purchased IRs with it. For the high price of a Mikko pack I think ML should provide the underlying IR file library as a backup.

Mine has to be the custom Xitone closed back speaker Mick made me. Still curious how cheaper stuff like the Tech 21 Deuce Deluxe compares, though. Gonna buy one for the hell of it. The York Audio Mesa OS V2 IRs are also a slam dunk.

Mikko player ? You don’t use axe cabs so? Don’t know this product
The Axe Cabs are excellent, however, there are not many mixed stock IRs - they are mostly single mic IRs. I like my cab block to have two 121/57 mix IRs (and sometimes with additional mics mixed in) hard panned L/R (to accommodate full stereo routing into the Cab block). This could be accommodated with stock IRs by using 4 cab slots (57 and 121 IRs mixed with level controls + panned hard left , and separate 57 and 121 IRs mixed with level controls + panned hard right), however, this takes up more CPU so I prefer pre-mixing 3rd party ones to minimize mixing in real time in the Cab block. Mikko also offers the graphical IR selection which is unique to his offering (pick a cab and mic(s) and place them graphically while listening - when your hear what you like, hit the button to generate the IR (I dislike auditioning IRs file by file)).

Back
Top Bottom