Your favorite IR's!

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
I'm interested in which cab IR's you like to use and which amps do you like with specific cabs. I guess I'm a bit too picky since I haven't found one that I really like. If there are IR's that you guys love please let me know what they are and help me achieve tone heaven!

Most of these IR's have too much low end but I just read Scott's tip: PEQ block - band 1, blocking, 120hz @ .707Q and band 5, blocking, 7110hz @ .707Q. Scott also said he'd use each of the stock cabs and be pleased... that'd be a dream come true for me so I'll test this ASAP.

Name the amp and I'll tell you what I use with it in the Axe-FX. Too many to just start listing; I'd be up all night. :D

I could just use stock cabs, but I'd use two of them in a stereo block panned 25%L and 25%R.

Well my favorite amps are: USA LEAD 1, all Recto amps, Das Metall and ofcourse the RV50. For clean stuff I actually liked the Mark IV clean... probably because it sounds so close to my real Mark IV and I really really really liked the clean on that one. I'd also like to hear what cabs you use with your fender cleans and the jazz clean. Thanks!

I don't do Mesa amps, they just don't work in my hands - analog or in Axe-FX world. :oops:

For Fender tones I use primarily the following:

Red Wires IR's; mixed 50%/50%, used in a stereo block panned 25%L and 25%R.
* Fender Twin D120 - R121 - CapOffAxis-2" & Tweed Deluxe P12R-R121-CapOffAxis-3"

I don't have a Jazz Chorus amp preset. :D

Once Red Wires drops more cabs in the upcoming few weeks, I am sure I'll have much more to share.

The JazzChorus really needs an IR of a JazzChorus IMHO. Fortunately it's on the release list of RedWire. Really looking forward to that one.

Clawfingers IR of a Celestion G12-65 (G12-65 NF Center Grille) is killer. Google his stuff and you may still be able to find the link. Absolutely nails the WGS ET65's that I had.

In the Axe the Brit 2x12, Black 1x12 & 2x12, and 4x12 25w are currents fav's.

jeffinaustin said:
Clawfingers IR of a Celestion G12-65 (G12-65 NF Center Grille) is killer.
That is mine. That is the exact filename I used for that IR, which is one of several I acquired for Ed Degenaro.

Jay Mitchell said:
jeffinaustin said:
Clawfingers IR of a Celestion G12-65 (G12-65 NF Center Grille) is killer.
That is mine. That is the exact filename I used for that IR, which is one of several I acquired for Ed Degenaro.

Sorry Jay. Credit where credit is due. Awesome IR. I wish it was included as a stock one in the Axe. The 12-65s are killer for Blackface, Dumble'ish, and Marshall tones imho.

Back
Top Bottom